Top rated criminal defense attorney in Fullerton, CaliforniaLaw Office of Jimmy Cha, APC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in California since: 2008
Education: Western State University College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Korean
Law Office of Jimmy Cha, APC126 N. Euclid Street
Fullerton, CA 92832 Visit website
The founder of the Law Office of Jimmy Cha, criminal defense attorney Jimmy Cha represents the accused in Los Angeles, Anaheim, Fullerton, Koreatown, Orange County and surrounding areas in California. For nearly 15 years, he has handled cases that involve:
- Drug crimes
- DUI and other traffic charges
- Domestic violence
- Misdemeanor charges
- Felony charges
- Property Crimes (Fraud, Theft)
- Sexual offenses, including pornography
- Juvenile crimes
With the right knowledge and background, Mr. Cha puts his hard-hitting and tenacious legal strategies to work for his clients. He is aware that an arrest or investigation for a crime can feel paralyzing and cause significant disruption in many areas of life. He has secured several charge dismissals and jury acquittals for his clients, fighting against the fiercest prosecutors in California. Furthermore, he is a certified gang expert in the state of California, where he advises other attorneys and testifies as an expert on gangs, prison inmate classification and the threats of gang life.
An honors graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Cha completed his Bachelor of Arts in sociology in 2004. He later received his Juris Doctor from the Western State College of Law in 2007 with a certification in criminal law studies – an honor less than 5% of the law students receive. He served as a judicial extern at the Orange County Juvenile Public Defender’s Office. He is licensed in California since 2008.
Mr. Cha has been honored by several prestigious organizations for his staunch defense of the rights of those accused. He was included in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list by The National Trial Lawyers and the Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers list by the American Society of Legal Advocates. He was also selected among Southern California’s Outstanding Young Lawyers by Los Angeles Magazine and rated "Superb" through Avvo.
Founding member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys (AAPDA), Mr. Cha holds memberships in the American Bar Association, the California DUI Lawyers Association, The North Orange County Bar Association and The State Bar of California.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 50% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.jc4justice.com/fullerton-criminal-defense-attorn...
- Orange County Cross Cultural Mediation Certification.
- Included on The National Trial Lawyers’ list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- Selected as Southern California’s Outstanding Young Lawyers by Los Angeles Magazine
- Nominated as Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers by The American Society of Legal Advocates
- Mentor Parolees and troubled youth. Guest speaker for inner city youth. Approximately 1/5 of practice is committed to pro bono work.
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Founding Member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys (AAPDA)
- North Orange County Bar Association(NOCBA)
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- Bachelors degree in Sociology with honors from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- North Orange County Bar Association
Office location for Jimmy Cha
126 N. Euclid Street
Fullerton, CA 92832
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Jimmy Cha is one of the most effective young criminal defense attorneys on the Southern California scene today. Strong enough to rise above a gang background himself, he has distinguished himself as a gang expert, uniquely qualified to help criminal defendants charged with serious offenses, especially those involving gang allegations.”