Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Gardena, CaliforniaCummings & Franck, P.C.
Scott Cummings takes the challenges that workers experience on the job seriously. A partner at Cummings & Franck, Employment Law Attorney, P.C., located in Gardena, California, he represents clients throughout Los Angeles County who have been harmed in some manner by their current or prospective employers. The types of matters that Mr. Cummings handles at both the trial and appellate level include wrongful termination, Title VII discrimination, sexual harassment, whistleblower retaliation, and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Mr. Cummings works hard to hold companies accountable after they have violated workers’ rights and inflicted hardship through unfair treatment. In one notable case that received national attention, his efforts resulted in a jury verdict of approximately $1.6 million for a client who had been wrongfully terminated by his restaurant employer. Another case involving FMLA claims produced a jury verdict of nearly $2 million against the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
His interest in employee rights stems from his working-class upbringing. After military service with the United States Army Rangers, Mr. Cummings worked his way through college, and in 1996, he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in history and philosophy from California State University Long Beach. Mr. Cummings then enrolled at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1999, graduating in the top 20 percent of his class. While in law school, he won several American Jurisprudence awards. Admitted to practice before all California state courts, Mr. Cummings is an active participant in the California Employment Lawyers Association.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination
- 100% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.cummingsandfranck.com/employment-law-attorneys-c...
- Long Beach State University, Magna Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in History and a minor in Philosophy, 1996
- , Loyola Law School, First Honors Awards and Bancroft Whitney Awards, 1998
- , Long Beach State University, Most Outstanding Graduating Student Award, 1996
- Plaintiff obtained a jury trial verdict for $1,661,800.00 for wrongful termination and harassment against Roscoe's House of Chicken N' Waffles, 2015
- Plaintiff obtained a jury trial verdict of $1.9 million against LA MTA for wrongful termination and disability discrimination, 2013
Office location for Scott Cummings
1025 West 190th Street
Gardena, CA 90248-4343
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2024