Aaron C. Yen
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Glendale, CaliforniaAscendant LLP
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Business & corporate, Tax; view more
Licensed in California since: 2008
Education: University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Japanese, Chinese-Mandarin
Ascendant LLP500 N Central Ave
Glendale, CA 91203 Visit website
Aaron C. Yen is the senior partner at the law firm of the Ascendant LLP. Mr. Yen dedicates himself to providing effective counsel and personalized support to individual and business clients who are going through a transition or conflict. He offers legal assistance to clients throughout Las Vegas, Nevada, and Glendale and Newport Beach, California, in cases related to asset protection, tax planning, international business transaction and structuring, and complex estate and trust planning.
Licensed to practice in California since 2008, Mr. Yen is also qualified to practice in Nevada, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada.
Mr. Yen earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in international economics and Japanese from the University of Washington in 2004. In the year 2008, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law. While there, he was the chair and founder of the McGeorge Golf Club. He also participated in an international law and legal studies program mutually organized by Waseda University, School of Law, Japan, and Santa Clara University School of Law.
Before partnering with Ascendant Law Group LLP, Mr. Yen worked for several other law firms, and for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation – Office of Legal Affairs. He was the Corporate Vice President at New York Life Insurance Company. These experiences have helped him offer practical and diligent representation to high net worth clients and business owners.
An inspiring keynote speaker, Mr. Yen frequently addresses and connects with audiences at many legal organizations and financial institutions where he shares insightful information related to corporate and other client affairs. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Tax: business
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Trusts, Wills, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Tax law
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://ascendantllp.com/attorneys/aaron-c-yen
- University of Washington B.A. in Economics and Japanese, 2004
- NV Bar Membership 11744, 2009
- US Bankruptcy Court District of Nevada
- US District Court District of Nevada
- US District Court Central District of California
- California - 258643
- Assisted foreign advisors in merger and acquisition transactions involving U.S. tax residents as shareholders on the structure of the transactions to better the U.S. tax outcome., 2022
- Represented founding shareholders of several public companies listed in Hong Kong, China, and Japan regarding their wealth transfer strategies to limit U.S. income, estate, and gift tax consequences for pre/post immigration planning and trust planning for their U.S. investment holdings., 2022
- Business Owners
- High Net Worth
Office location for Aaron C. Yen
500 N Central Ave
Glendale, CA 91203
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022