J. Andrew Douglas
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Glendale, CA
As a partner with the Wright Kim Douglas, ALC, law firm in Glendale, California, attorney J. Andrew Douglas represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles metro region and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving probate litigation as well as trust and estate administration. He also has significant experience handling a variety of real estate matters for both commercial and residential clients alike, such as sales negotiations, leasing and financing, easements and property line disputes, broker misrepresentation, compliance issues and more.
Mr. Douglas's versatility as a lawyer comes from his varied background in financial institution and insurance coverage law, and he has achieved notable success at trial as well as through arbitration and appeals. His past real estate and business experience serves him well as he handles probate and trust matters regarding property and business succession. In all cases, Mr. Douglas is fully committed to doing whatever is necessary to help his clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A 1990 cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Douglas obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Law School in 1993. He holds his license to practice in Colorado and Arizona, as well as California, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California, the District of Arizona and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Douglas is an active member of The State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Pasadena Bar Association. He also serves as lecturer at the University of Southern California Law School, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Douglas received recognition as a Top Attorney in his area from Pasadena Magazine, and he has earned numerous other accolades from his peers along with excellent reviews and referrals from his many satisfied clients.
About J. Andrew Douglas
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: https://wkdlegal.com/professionals/j-andrew-douglas
- United States District Court for the District of Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (1994 - Present)
- Arizona Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Foo vs. Foo: Successfully pursued claim of partition at trial for client against disgruntled family member, securing client’s interest in real property left to him by his late father.
- Peng vs. Sun: Successfully defended client at trial against claim of “partnership” interest in real property investment, securing entire property valued in excess of $1 million for client.
- Magnolia Place HOA vs. Valley Forge Ins. Co.: Successfully pursued insurance coverage under additional insured endorsements, resulting in an additional $750,000 for client involved in construction defect litigation.
- PYI International vs. Yang: Successfully pursued claims including invasion of privacy and trespass at trial and on appeal against, among others, client’s former spouse and forensic accountant White Zuckerman Warsovsky Hunt & Luna, obtaining and collecting judgment against defendants in excess of $4 million.
- Featured lecturer at University of Southern California Law Center, 1993-2006, Los Angeles, CA
- Elder Abuse Claims and Challenges to Real Estate Transaction, Los Angeles County Bar Association - Title Insurance Subsection with Co-Speakers Hon. Reva G. Goetz, Ret. and Marshal Oldman, Esq., Los Angeles, September 18, 2018
- “The Uniform Probate Code’s Nod to the Partnership Theory of Marriage: The 1990 Elective Share Revisions,” Probate Law Journal 125 (1992) (w/ Prof. Charles Whitebread, USC Law Center)
- Guest Lecturer, Cochise Community College, Sierra Vista, Arizona
Pro bono/Community Service
- AYSO, Volunteer
- Pasadena Tournament of Roses, Volunteer and Vice Chairman
- Pasadena American Little League, Volunteer
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude, Communication Studies, Business Administration, College Honors Program, 1990
Last Updated: 7/21/2020