Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Glendale, CaliforniaLawyers for Justice, PC
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, Employment litigation, Employment & labor; view more
Licensed in California since: 2010
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: Bengali, English
Lawyers for Justice, PC410 Arden Avenue
Glendale, CA 91203 Visit website
At Lawyers for Justice, PC, Joanna Ghosh represents clients in Los Angeles, California, as a senior attorney. Her practice is focused on employment litigation, class action/mass torts, labor and employment law, and appellate law. With just over a decade of experience, the City of Lancaster recognized her for the excellence she had shown in trial advocacy, and she is a volunteer presenter and panel speaker for the California Employment Lawyers Association.
The Los Angeles Business Journal nominated Ms. Ghosh for the Women Making a Difference Award early in her career, and she settled a case for $3.75 million in 2020. During her career, she has worked with companies and clients in the transportation, service, retail, residential, mercantile, manufacturing, hospitality, gas, banking and agricultural industries.
At the University of California, Los Angeles, Ms. Ghosh earned an undergraduate degree in philosophy and was actively involved with several university organizations during her time there. She then attended the London School of Economics and Political Science and earned a graduate degree in political theory before attending law school at Georgetown University Law Center. In 2010, she graduated with her Juris Doctor and is now admitted to practice in California and New York.
Ms. Ghosh is a former volunteer with the Mother House of the Missionaries of Charity, working to alleviate poverty. She also worked with the Autry Museum of the American West for several months and volunteered at Daya Dan Missionaries of Charity, where she provided cleaning, child care and interpretation at the orphanage for children with disabilities.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Appellate
Class actions, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Labor law, Appeals
- 40% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: https://calljustice.com/team/joanna/
- Master of Science in Political Theory from the London School of Economics and Political Science, 2007
- Nominated for the Los Angeles Business Journal Women Making a Difference Award in 2014, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2014
- Recognized by the City of Lancaster for demonstrated excellence in trial advocacy for $3,750,000 settlement in Castro v. Paragon Industries, Inc., Certificate Recipient, City of Lancaster, 2020
- , 5 Tips When Giving a Deposition, Legal, 2020
- Member of Lawyers for Justice, PC's Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and judge for the firm's Give Back Grant Program, an initiative to financially support community and grassroots organizations and small businesses that promote racial equality, social justice, anti-discrimination, and greater access to education and career development for underrepresented people. The program and judges received and considered multiple applications from inspiring individuals, businesses, and organizations, who are working to make a difference in their community, and ultimately granted thousands of dollars to grant recipients to support great causes., 2020
- Conducted and participated in Lawyers for Justice, PC's Diversity & Inclusion Committee Sponsored Event: How Sponsors, Mentors, and Advocates Can Help Boost Your Career. The event was a virtual happy hour sponsored by the firm, aimed at supporting locally owned minority businesses affected by the COVID crisis to show support within the community, 2020
- Became a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), membership to which is restricted to attorneys who devote the majority of their personal time to representing or advancing the rights of employees, 2019
- Speaker for Continuing Legal Education program entitled "Basic of Appellate Advocacy" by AttorneyCredits.com in 2014. This was a CLE course (1.0 CLE credits) focusing on the basics of preparing a civil case for appeal and the mechanics of handling an appeal, 2014
- Licensed to practice law in New York, 2013
- After years of litigation and appeal, I obtained successful reversal of class certification and vacated judgment in a settlement I challenged as being unfair and inadequate for 4,000+ unionized and non-unionized electrical workers. I had the honor of briefing and arguing this in the trial court and appellate court. The case is Morrow-Meadows Wage and Hour Cases, California Second District Court of Appeal Case No. B298816, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4858, and Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BC590427., 2021
Office location for Joanna Ghosh
410 Arden Avenue
Glendale, CA 91203
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023