Denise E. May
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Hayward, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Denise-Eaton May, P.C.
Denise Eaton-May is a business and employment attorney based in Hayward, California. At her firm, the Law Offices of Denise Eaton May, she represents clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. She has been practicing law for over 35 years and is highly experienced in litigation and negotiation.
In her employment law practice, Ms. Eaton-May represents employees in cases involving ERISA claims, sexual harassment, wage and hour laws, and wrongful termination. Additionally, she has represented agencies in legal matters involving discipline, labor relations, retaliation, sexual harassment and other civil litigation.
Earlier in her legal career, Ms. Eaton-May served as a deputy attorney general at the State of California Department of Justice Office of the Attorney General. She later served as general counsel for the Alameda County Employee Retirement Association. She also worked in human resources. She draws on this diverse background of experiences to the benefit of her clients.
Ms. Eaton-May is a member of the State Bar of California, the California Association of Black Lawyers and the American Bar Association. She has been affiliated with the California Public Employers Labor Relations Association, the County Personnel Administrators Association of California, the National Association of Public Pension Attorneys and the International Public Management Association for Human Resources.
In 1981, Ms. Eaton-May graduated with distinction from the University of California San Diego with a bachelor’s degree. She earned her law degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law, graduating in 1984. She holds licenses to practice law before all California state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employee, Business Litigation, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employer, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Wrongful Termination
- 60% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 20% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.demlegaleagle.com/attorney/denise-eaton-may/
- International Public Management Association (IPMA)
- County Personnel Administrators Association of California (CPAAC)
- California Public Employer Labor Relations Association (CALPERLA)
- American Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- California Association of Black Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- National Bar Association, Member, 1989 to 1991
- Sacto County Bar Association, Member, 1984 to 1986
- State Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1984
- University of California San Diego - graduated with Distinction, 1981
- Host of the radio show on KDOW AM 1220 for Employment Solutions at Your Fingertips. This show offers advice to employees and employers and is broadcast weekly on Saturday at 1:30 pm pacific standard time., Radio Host, Employment Solutions at your fingertips, 2014
- DC Bar Association
- National Association Of Professional Women
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Office location for Denise E. May
1290 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023