David C. Grant
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Irvine, CA
Attorney David C. Grant is a founding partner with Grant, Genovese & Baratta, LLP, law firm in Irvine, California. Nationally ranked as one of the preeminent lawyers in the country, Mr. Grant has more than 48 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Orange County and the surrounding areas of Southern California who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business and commercial litigation
· Employment law
· Estate disputes
· Real estate and construction disputes
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Grant has successfully handled more than 100 jury trials and dozens of arbitrations, securing more than 30 arbitration awards. He also has extensive appellate experience, and he has gained a reputation for his exceptional dispute resolution skills as well as his impassioned advocacy for his clients both inside and outside of the courtroom.
After honing his legal skills at several prominent law firms in his area, Mr. Grant established his practice with his legal partners who all share the value of client-centric representation. They founded their law firm with a mission to deliver superior client service to all who seek their counsel, and Mr. Grant has achieved remarkable success helping a diverse range of clients across his region obtain the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their serious legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism, high ethical standards and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Grant has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and designation as among the Top 50 Lawyers in Orange County along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He is also a fellow with the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers, and he is an associate with the American Board of Trial Advocates and member of various other local, state and national legal organizations.
A 1969 graduate of Colgate University, Mr. Grant attended Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where he served as editor in chief of the Loyola Law Review. He was also a member of the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society and the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society, and he obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1972. He is admitted to practice before all California state courts as well as before the U.S. Tax Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Business Litigation
- 20%Real Estate: Business
- 20%Securities Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
Certificates and Credentials
About David C. Grant
First Admitted: 1972, California
Professional Webpage: https://ggb-law.com/davidcgrant/
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, Loyola Law School
- Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society, Loyola Law School
- Southern California Super Lawyers including, 2006 — 2019
- Top 50 Lawyers in Orange County
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rate, Martindale-Hubbell
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of California
- A.B., 1969, Colgate University
- Moderator, CEB Program on Provisional Remedies, 1976
- Moderator, CEB Program on Real Property Remedies, 1991, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005-2010
- Moderator, CEB Program on Construction Law, Contracts and Disputes, 1989
- Panelist CEB Real Property Institute Program, 1989
- Panelist, CEB Program on Civil Trial Practice, 1985, 1987, 1989
- Panelist, CEB Program on Real Estate Broker Practice, 1979, 1981
Last Updated: 6/23/2022