Jeffrey A. Robinson
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Irvine, CA
Attorney Jeffrey A. Robinson is a partner at Robinson & Robinson, LLP, in Irvine, California. Mr. Robinson concentrates his practice on business litigation, handling matters involving contracts, business transactions, corporate governance, business break-ups, sales commissions, and arbitration. He serves clients throughout the Irvine region.
Mr. Robinson has over 30 years of experience litigating in state and federal courts. Over his career, he has been involved in complex cases involving contract issues, commercial leases, eminent domain, insurance disputes, partnership disputes, real property issues, warranty claims and various other legal issues. He previously practiced at a national law firm, operated his own solo practice, and clerked for an appellate judge on U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
In recognition of his achievements, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Robinson an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest available rating by the respected organization. Active in his legal community, he is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He previously served on the Orange County Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral and Information Service Modest Means Program.
Mr. Robinson graduated magna cum laude from the University of Utah with a bachelor’s degree in English. He went on to graduate summa cum laude from Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School. While attending law school, he served as lead articles editor for the Brigham Young University Law Review.
Mr. Robinson received his license to practice law in 1987. In addition, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy awarded him a diploma in trial advocacy skills in 1989.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Jeffrey A. Robinson
First Admitted: 1987, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.rrlawyers.com/California-Lawyers/jeffrey-a-robins...
- Order of the Coif
- John Welch Legal Writing Award
- J. Reuben Clark Scholar
- Highest possible peer-review rating in legal ability and ethical standards, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
- Awarded annually to a lawyer for "outstanding contributions to the legal profession", J. Reuben Clark Award, J. Reuben Clark Society, Orange County Chapter, 2007
- BA English, Magna Cum Laude, University of Utah, 1980
- Article describing the law applicable to deciding the defense of illegality of contracts with arbitration clauses, Author, Arbitration of Disputes Over ‘Illegal’ Contracts: Who Decides the Defense of Illegality, the Court or the Arbitrator, 51 Orange County Lawyer 18 (October 2009), Legal, Arbitration, Employment, 2009
- Lead Articles Editor, B.Y.U. Law Review
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Quoted in Sacramento Bee newspaper article on exceptions to statutes of limitation defenses in a lawsuit challenging public pension increases. https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article228153014.html, 2019, 2019
- Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., 2019
- SourceStrike Corporation. Represented software engineering company filing complaint for breach of contract., 2021
- Stremicks Heritage Foods, LLC, 2019
- Direct Media Communications, Inc., 2019
- California Policy Center, Inc., 2019
- Horizon West Financial, Inc., 2019
- Softech USA, Inc. dba GemFind, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Served on Modest Means Housing Panel for Orange County Bar Association Lawyer Referral & Information Service, 2019
- Member, American Bar Association, 2021
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, 2021
- Secured order and judgment dismissing copyright infringement lawsuit against California Corporation pending in United States District Court in Iowa. The dismissal was based on constitutional grounds--violation of due process based on lack of personal jurisdiction. We worked with Iowa local counsel (which we identified through Super Lawyers). , 2022
- Defense of sales representation agency and owner against claims of wrongful competition by former client; resolved multi-million dollar claims by settlement., 2021
- Represented Hong-Kong based start-up company in claims against U.S.-based website developer for failure to deliver functional website., 2020
- Corporate dissolution--represented minority shareholder in dissolution of corporation; participation in court-ordered valuation by business valuation appraisers; litigated through issuance of valuation reports; obtain confidential settlement., 2020
- Luke v. Sonoma County, 43 Cal.App. 5th 301 (2019), cert. denied, __ Ca. S.Ct. __ (2020) Represented county taxpayer/citizen in novel challenge to multimillion dollar pension increase issued without complying with Government Code obligations. , 2020
- Prosecute multi-million dollar claim in federal district court, for nonpayment of commercial goods (solar panels); defend against counterclaims based on alleged late delivery; obtain unopposed summary judgment after defense is dropped, 2019
- Corporate dissolution of manufacturing companies: defend against action; use mediation to negotiate settlement providing for sale of company to third parties to maximize value; assist through the marketing and eventual sale of the company, 2019, 2019
- Federal court class action alleging deceptive labeling of consumer beverage; on behalf of defendant manufacturer, obtain dismissal of lawsuit prior to filing of response to complaint and without need of court approval, 2018, 2018
- Defense and third-party complaint on behalf of food ingredient supplier in federal case with multi-million dollar claims involving alleged GMO contamination. Defeated summary judgment motion based on Daubert attack and secured confidential settlement before trial, 2018, 2018
- Snyder & Associates v. United States, 859 F.3d 1152 (9th Cir. 2017) Represented business with claims against Internal Revenue Service; obtained reversal of federal district court's dismissal, finding grounds to assert claims under Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), published decision in United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. , 2017
- LLC Dissolution--assert six-figure claims of member of limited liability company against LLC manager and co-members arising out of failure to distribute tax and property rights to the minority member; enforce terms of LLC Operating Agreement through stipulated settlement, 2016
- Prosecute claim for unpaid commissions on behalf of independent sale representatives under state statue allowing for treble damages and attorneys fees; obtain confidential settlement before trial, 2016, 2016
- Partnership dispute--avoid litigation by settling disputed claims between joint owners of multiple manufactured home parks; negotiate and implement a process for dividing multimillion dollar real property assets among departing owners, and sale of various parks, 2014
- Rebmann v. Rohde (2011), 196 Cal. App. 4th 1283
- Golden Cheese Co. of California, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 727
- Golden Cheese Co. of California v. Voss, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 547
- Wong v. Thomas Bros. Restaurant Corp., (1994) 840 F. Supp. 727
- Multi-million dollar dispute among owners of property holding company; defended controlling owners against claims of mis-management; avoided expensive and risky litigation through mediated settlement; guide company owners through agreed-upon amendment of capital structure and eventual sale of real property assets, 2014
- Closely Held Business Operations
- Commercial Service Providers
- Food Production
Last Updated: 5/15/2022