Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Irvine, CA
Joel Baruch is a personal injury attorney in Irvine, California, with over 40 years of experience. The president of the Law Office of Joel W. Baruch, P.C., he serves clients throughout Orange County, California. Over the years, he has successfully handled matters involving such issues as motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, brain injury, drunk driving accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, spinal cord injuries, truck accidents and wrongful death.
In addition to personal injury law, Mr. Baruch has experience with business, civil rights, employment and tort law. Earlier in his legal career, he served as a public defender in Orange County and was a partner at a private law firm.
Martindale-Hubbell granted Mr. Baruch an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest available rating, presented to attorneys demonstrating high legal ability and ethical standards. The National Trial Lawyers included him on its “Top 100” list and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel awarded him its “Nation’s Top One Percent” honor.
A respected and valued contributor to his legal community, Mr. Baruch belongs to the Orange County Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys of California and the National Trial Lawyers Class Action Trial Lawyers Association. He is a former president of the Newport Harbor Bar Association.
Mr. Baruch is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, where he earned a bachelor’s degree. He went on to earn his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law. He holds a license to practice law before all California state courts and the U.S. district courts for the central and southern districts of California.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Civil Rights
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employer
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2013, 2015 - 2023
- Marquis Who's Who (2021) - Selected for publication in Marquis Who's Who of America
About Joel Baruch
First Admitted: 1979, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.joelwbaruch.com/about/about-joel-w-baruch/
- CAOC (Consumer Attorneys of California), Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1989
- National Trial Lawyer's Class Action, Trial Lawyer’s Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1989
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- California, 1979
- Harbor Bar Association, Former President
- Top 100 - Civil Plaintiffs Recognition, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyers, 2013
- Nation's Top One Percent, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Super Lawyers, 2013 and 2015-2022, Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2013
- National Trial Lawyer’s Top One Hundred, Civil Plaintiff's Recognition, California
- University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, Honors: Summa Cum Laude, 1972
Other Outstanding Achievements
- California Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year- Top 100 Registry, 2021
Last Updated: 6/29/2022