Marc H. Garelick
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Irvine, CA
Marc H. Garelick is a family law attorney and partner at Meyer, Olson, Lowy & Meyers, LLP, in Irvine, California. He manages the Orange County office and represents high-asset and high-income clients throughout California with complex family matters, including divorce, child support, custody, domestic abuse, paternity, property division and spousal support.
With a genuine concern for his clients, Mr. Garelick provides compassionate, empathetic and persistent legal representation to all his clients. He understands that these types of cases can be extremely emotional and frustrating for individuals, and he fights zealously for his clients’ rights. Prioritizing his clients’ interests, he provides personal attention and tailored solutions for each client’s unique case.
With over 13 years of legal experience, Mr. Garelick has guided many California residents through complex family law issues. He is the author of an article on estate planning and divorce for the Daily Journal and a speaker at various programs for the Orange County Bar Association’s Family Law Section.
Graduating from the University of California, Irvine, with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Garelick earned his Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles. In law school, he started a program called Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, which assists individuals with tax preparation.
Actively affiliated with the legal and professional communities, Mr. Garelick is a member of the Orange County Bar Association Family Law Section’s Executive Committee and the California Lawyers Association’s Family Law Section. He also belongs to the Orange County Jewish Bar Association and ProVisors Newport Beach Division.
Mr. Garelick serves his community by being active on the board of the Jewish National Fund in Orange County and the Gaucher Community Alliance. He is a member of the Solomon Society of the Jewish Foundation, a board of directors’ member of the Jewish Federation and a chair for Lawyers for Israel. He also serves as a member of the board of directors for the Hillel Foundation of Orange County.
Mr. Garelick has received several honors and awards over his career, including a Silver Gavel award from the American Bar Association as well as awards for his help with the Jewish Federation of Orange County. He has a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Marital Property
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2019
About Marc H. Garelick
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.molmfamlaw.com/attorneys/marc-h-garelick/
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014–2019
- Membership Start-up Awards, IRS VITA Grant Program
- JFFS, Blossom Siegel Young Leadership Award, 2017
- A scholarship for students who advocate in Elder law. Was awarded based on my employment with Burgh, Balian & Bergstein, LLP, Dorothy Basilok Elder Law Scholarship, Southwestern Law School, 2007
- Blossom Siegel Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation and Family Services of Orange County, 2017
- Served as a Lt. Governor for the ABA student law division, Silver Key Award, American Bar Association, 2007
- I was awarded the new club leadership award for creating the Tax Law Society and accompanying VITA program at Southwestern Law School., New Club Leader Award, Southwestern Law School, 2007
- University of California, Irvine, California, B.A., 2002
- An article regarding the ability of a client to modify an estate plan during a dissolution proceeding, Author, Beware of the pitfalls of Estate Planning During a Divorce, LA Daily Journal, 2013
- This is the second of three evenings on Business Valuations in Dissolution of Marriage Cases. In evening number two, we will discuss community versus separate property characterization, Van Camp vs Pereira (and the reverse of each), the impact of IRMO Brandes on valuation methods, valuing different types of professional service businesses and goods manufacturers, valuing a "book of business" (IRMO Finby), vesting schedules, nuances of family-owned businesses, and more! Evening number two is the ultimate webinar to help you spot issues and understand the law on the characterization of a business during a dissolution of marriage case, Moderator and Lecturer, Community Versus Separate Property Characterization, Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Attorneys And Support Staff, 2021
- The program is intended to help family law attorneys use Disso Master to correctly calculate guideline child and spousal support. The program will address how to (and how not to) enter wages, voluntary and mandatory retirement, as well as, after-tax and pre-tax health insurance premiums. The program will demonstrate how to create and interpret monthly overtime, annual bonus, and input variation reports. The program will also provide insight into entries used for business owners such as self-employment income, S-Corp income, phantom income, perquisites, and the Qualified Business Income Deduction, Moderator and Lecturer, The Basics and Beyond to Properly Utilize Disso Master to Calculate Support, Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Attorneys And Support Staff, 2021
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors - Engagement Chair for the Jewish Federation and Family Services of Orange County, 2020
- OCJBA Member
- Anti-Defamation League – Glass Leadership Institute, Member
- Jewish National Fund, Orange County Board of Directors JNF
- Jewish Federation – Board of Directors, Engagement Chair
- Hillel Foundation of Orange County, Board Director - 2021-2022, 2021
- Hillel Board Director for Orange County covering UC Irvine, Chapman University and Cal State Fullerton, 2021
- Board of Directors for the Gaucher Community Alliance, 2021
- TVT Development Committee, 2020
- Jewish National Fund Orange County, Chair of Lawyers for Israel, 2020 - 2021
- Provisors - Newport Beach Group Member from 2013 - 2022, 2022
- American Bar Association – Member
- California, 2008
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association, 2020
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee Member from 2020 - 2021
- Business Owners
Last Updated: 5/15/2022