Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Irvine, CA
- Free Consultation
A founder of Lapple Ubell IP Law, LLP, Matthew Lapple focuses his practice on a variety of sophisticated intellectual property matters. From the firm's offices in Irvine, California, he represents individual and business clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice in California since 1997, Mr. Lapple is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. He is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Lapple counts inventors and entrepreneurs as well as companies of all sizes among his clients. He helps them to register and prosecute trademarks and patents, and he provides them with astute and forceful litigation assistance in the event of infringement or other forms of unauthorized use by other parties. Mr. Lapple also has extensive experience in copyright registration and trade secret misappropriation, and he furnishes advice and counsel to clients on their intellectual property strategies. He regularly prepares and reviews licensing and other agreements that are designed to allow his clients to monetize their intellectual property holdings as well, and his litigation experience has included domain name and website content disputes. Mr. Lapple’s successful track record in all of his professional endeavors has earned him a great deal of recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including a 10.0 “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Lapple is a Past-President of the Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association, and a member of The Howard T. Markey Intellectual Property American Inn of Court. He is a 1997 graduate of the University of Texas at Austin School of Law and holds a B.S. Computer Science from Texas A&M University. Mr. Lapple was a proud member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets.
About Matthew Lapple
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.lappleubell.com/attorneys-1.html
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- President - Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association, 2018
- Vice-President - Orange County Intellectual Property Association, 2017
- Barrister, Howard T. Markey IP American Inn of Court (2014 - Present)
- Secretary - Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association, 2016
- Treasurer - Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association, 2015
- Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association -- Board of Directors, 2014
- Presentation, “Patent Litigation by Non-Practicing Entities,” Leadership Forum of the Casual Gaming Ass'n Industry Conference (Seattle, WA 2008)
- “MGM v. Grokster: Multimillion-Dollar Questions That the Supreme Court Did Not Answer,” Intellectual Property & Tech. Law Journal, Vol. 17, No. 8 (2005).
- Presentation, "Preparing for and Arguing Federal Circuit Appeals: Nuts & Bolts," Orange County Patent Law Association (Irvine, CA 2014)
- Presentation, "Perfecting Your Security Interest in Intellectual Property," Orange County Bar Association (Irvine, CA 2013)
- Texas A&M University -- B.S. Computer Science, 1994
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney, 1999
- Nail Polish
- Wireless Communications
Last Updated: 5/15/2022