Patrick A. Hennessey
Top rated Eminent Domain attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaPalmieri, Hennessey & Leifer LLP
Attorney Patrick A. Hennessey is a partner with Palmieri, Hennessey & Leifer LLP in Irvine, California. Serving as chair of the firm's Eminent Domain/Valuation Litigation Group, Mr. Hennessey has more than 45 years of total legal experience and 35 years of experience in eminent domain litigation. Over the course of his practice, he has successfully handled almost 500 inverse condemnation matters for a wide range of clients, including businesses and corporations, individual property owners, and other key stakeholders.
During the course of his legal career, Mr. Hennessey has gained a reputation as a leader in eminent domain and inverse condemnation law, and he also handles valuation litigation and lease renewal valuations. He received a published decision in a case involving contaminated property in the eminent domain context, which was the state's first appellate opinion regarding this type of case.
Among his other notable successes, Mr. Hennessey secured compensation totaling more than $20 million in a landmark case involving a major soap manufacturer against a local municipality, and he secured a $50 million judgment in a case against a real estate developer and a local school district. He has also secured many other multimillion-dollar judgments and awards for his clients.
After graduating with distinction from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1975, Mr. Hennessey attended the University of San Diego School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1978. The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year, and he has served on the organization's committee on condemnation law. He is also an active member of the Orange County and American Bar Associations, the Condemnation Attorneys Group, and the International Right of Way Association, among his other professional affiliations.
A leader in his field, Mr. Hennessey has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars before the Appraisal Institute, the International Right of Way Association and CLE International on topics involving eminent domain, valuations and other subjects.
Practice areasEminent Domain
- 100% Eminent Domain
First Admitted: 1978, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.phl-law.com/attorney/hennessey-patrick-a/
- Redevelopment Agency of the City of Pomona v. Thrifty Oil Company (1992) 4 Cal.App.4th 469
- State of California v. Los Angeles Athletic Club
- City of La Mirada v. Roski
- Los Angeles Unified School District v. Meruelo Maddux Properties
- State of California v. La Cresta Investments
- Temecula Valley USD v. Sheffield FV-II, LLC
- Chaffey Joint UHSD v. Intex Properties Inland Empire LP
- International Right of Way Association
- Condemnation Attorneys Group
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Committee on Condemnation Law (1989 – 1991)
- State Bar of California
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., with distinction, 1975
Office location for Patrick A. Hennessey
3 Park Plaza
Irvine, CA 92614
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2016, 2018, 2020 - 2024