Philip G. Seastrom
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Irvine, CA
Attorney Philip G. Seastrom is a shareholder with Seastrom Tuttle & Murphy law firm in Irvine, California. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent lawyers in America, Mr. Seastrom focuses his practice primarily on family law, and he provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout Orange County and the surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issues affecting their families.
Certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Seastrom has more than 44 years of total legal experience, and he has achieved considerable success guiding his clients through the divorce process and helping them achieve their goals through settlement negotiations and mediation as well as through traditional litigation.
At all turns, he provides the personalized counsel his clients need to make the best-informed decisions, and he aggressively advocates on their behalves both inside and outside the courtroom to help them obtain the favorable results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Seastrom has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including an inclusion into the list of 500 Leading Family Lawyers in America by Lawdragon. In addition, U.S. News & World Report voted him Orange County Family Law Lawyer of the Year in 2011 and again in 2018, and he has received the Charles Garrity Award in 2005 from the Orange County Bar Association for his exceptional service and professionalism.
Mr. Seastrom obtained his Juris Doctor from Western State University College of Law in 1976, and The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Federal District Court as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his field, Mr. Seastrom has published numerous articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of topics. He is also a diplomat with the American College of Family Trial Lawyers and a fellow with the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He is also a fellow with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and serves as chair of the organization's Southern California Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022
About Philip G. Seastrom
First Admitted: 1976, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.seastromlaw.com/attorneys/philip-g-seastrom/
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers lecture topics include: Law and motion practice in Family Law matters, Complex child custody issues, Advanced evidentiary issues in Family Law
- Orange County Lawyer Magazine articles include: “Child Support Orders for High Income Earners”, “Obtaining Reimbursement for That Separate Interest”, “Drafting and Litigating Premarital Agreements under the New Law”
- Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association lecture topics include: The valuation of business interests in Family Law proceedings, The division of assets in Family Law proceedings, Evidentiary issues in the litigation of Family Law matters, Direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses in the litigation of business valuations and controllable cash flow, The use of forensic accountants in dissolution of marriage actions, Issues relating to goodwill in the division of the community estate, Issues and solutions before, during, and after trial, Family Law Depositions
- California State Bar Continuing Education Program lecture topics include: The valuation and division of community property in marital dissolution proceedings, The valuation and division of stock options, The valuation and division of business interests including the tax consequences to be considered, The appointment of business interest between separate property and community property, The valuation of professional practices, The determination of controllable cash flow for businesses and professional practices, Commingling and tracing issues, Child support and spousal support issues, Dividing property in dissolution of marriage
- United States Supreme Court, 1980
- United States Federal District Court, 1977
- California State Bar, 1976
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, past Executive Committee Member
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers - Diplomate, 2020
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow, 2019
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow and current Chair of the Southern California Section (2018-2019), 2019
- 500 Leading Family Lawyers in America – Lawdragon
- Super Lawyers Magazine – “Super Lawyer” – 2004 - Present
- Super Lawyers Top 50 lawyers in Orange County, 2008
- US News & World Report Orange County Family Law Lawyer of the Year, Orange County Family Law Lawyer of the Year, US News & World Report, 2019
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers - Diplomate, American College of Family Trial Lawyers, American College of Family Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Charles Garrity Award 2005 – Awarded by his peers in the Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association to the “quintessential Family Law Lawyer” who exhibits the highest level of excellence and professionalism. Only five lawyers have received this award, since its inception in 1995., Charles Garrity Award, Orange County Bar Association, 2005
- Rated AV Preeminent – Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the highest possible rating, Rated AV Preeminent , Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, 2019
- US News & World Report Orange County Family Law Lawyer of the Year, Family Law Lawyer of the Year - Orange County, US News & World Report, 2011
- Certified Family Law Specialist, Family Law, California Board of Legal Specialization, 1983
Last Updated: 5/15/2022