Robert W. Dyess, Jr.
Top rated Tax attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaGood Wildman
Practice Areas: Tax, Real Estate, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in California since: 1978
Robert W. Dyess Jr. is a AV-rated tax attorney in Irvine, California, where he focuses on real estate transactions, business tax planning, estate planning, and asset protection planning.
Mr. Dyess has practiced with large national law firms and has worked as an executive officer and general counsel for a real estate syndication and property management firm. His combination of business and legal experience provides a valuable perspective in representing business owners as clients.
His real estate practice emphasizes acquisitions, sales, tax-deferred exchanges, syndications, financings, defeasances, and workouts, with recent attention on affordable housing, opportunity zones, and tenant-in-common ownership groups. His business tax practice incorporates business entity formations, reorganizations, acquisitions, sales, and liquidations with emphasis on partnerships, limited liability companies, and S corporations. His estate planning practice includes the representation of high net worth individuals through the use of tax-saving strategies involving wills, simple and complex trusts, private foundations, charitable planning, business succession planning, and the administration of trusts and estates for decedents.
Mr. Dyess holds Masters in Taxation Law from New York University, a Juris Doctor from University of Arizona, and a Bachelor of Engineering from Vanderbilt University. He is certified as a specialist in Taxation Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Dyess is a partner with Good Wildman, Attorneys at Law.
Practice areasTax: Business, Real Estate: Business, Business/Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Limited Liability Companies, Mortgage & Refinance, Partnership, Tax Law, Trusts
- 30% Tax: Business
- 30% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1975, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://www.goodwildman.com/about1-cqz6
- L'Abri Management, Inc., Hunt Development of Ohio
- Represented multiple tenancy-in-common investor groups in DBSI Bankruptcy, including member of committee of unsecured creditors, 2008 - 2020.
- Orange County Estate Planning Council
- U.S. Tax Court, 1980
- Member, Sections on Tax Law, Business & Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, and Trusts & Estates, Orange County Bar Association
- Admitted to the State Bar of Arizona, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1978
- Member, Sections on Taxation, Business Law, Real Property Law, and Trusts & Estates, State Bar of California
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel, L'Abri Management, Inc., 1986 - 1993
- Admitted to State Bar of California, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Founding Board Member, LivingWell Medical Clinics (Crisis Pregnancy Centers in Orange County, CA) 1984 - 2004
- Member, Board of Directors, Bonita Canyon Maintenance Association (Homeowners Association) 2001 to 2017
- Christian Legal Society
- Order of the Coif
- With High Distinction, University of Arizona
- Certified Specialist, Taxation Law, California Board of Legal Specialization
- University of Arizona College of Law, high distinction, 1975
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation, 1978
- Vanderbilt University, B.E. (computer science), cum laude, 1972
- Real Estate
Office location for Robert W. Dyess, Jr.
19000 MacArthur Boulevard
Irvine, CA 92612
- Super Lawyers: 2011, 2013 - 2024
Certificates and credentials