Sean A. O'Keefe
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaO'Keefe & Associates Law Corp. PC
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Business Litigation, Appellate; view more
Licensed in California since: 1986
Education: Fordham University School of Law
O'Keefe & Associates Law Corp. PC26 Executive Park
Irvine, CA 92614 Visit website
Sean A. O'Keefe is an attorney and the founder of O'Keefe & Associates Law Corporation, P.C., in Costa Mesa, California, where he focuses his practice on Chapter 11 bankruptcy for businesses, representing creditors and debtors throughout Orange and Los Angeles counties. His clients include banks, bondholders, businesses, corporations, landlords, real estate developers and more.
Mr. O'Keefe often represents clients in complex Chapter 11 matters which can lead to a variety of related issues in business litigation and appeals. He has been involved in cases involving contract disputes, dischargeability, fraudulent transfers, securities fraud, trademark and the Uniform Commercial Code.
Mr. O'Keefe graduated from Dartmouth College with a bachelor's degree and went on to earn his law degree from Fordham University School of Law. Over the course of his more than 20 years in practice, he has authored many articles and lectured on bankruptcy-related topics for a variety of publications and organizations. He has spoken at events such as the California Bankruptcy Forum's annual conference and for organizations, including the National Business Institute.
Recognized for his achievements within the legal profession, Mr. O'Keefe is rated AV Preeminent,* the highest possible rating, by the attorney peer review service Martindale-Hubbell. He was also included in the 20th edition of "The Best Lawyers in America."
In addition to his law practice, Mr. O'Keefe is active in a variety of professional organizations. He has served as chairman for the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Orange County Bar Association and is a member of The State Bar of California and the New York State Bar Association.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business, Business Litigation, Appellate
Appeals, Bankruptcy Law
- 50% Bankruptcy: Business
- 30% Business Litigation
- 20% Appellate
First Admitted: 1984, New York
Professional Webpage: https://okeefelc.com/about/
- U.S. Philips Corporation v. KBC Bank, N.V., 2012 WL 112264 (9th Cir. 2012)
- In the Matter of Checkmate Staffing, Inc., 359 Fed.Appx. 736 (9th Cir. 2009)
- U.S. Philips Corp. v. KBC Bank, N.V., 590 F.3d 1091 (9th Cir. 2010)
- In re California Litfunding, a Nevada Corp., 360 B.R. 310 (Bankr. C.D.Cal. 2007)
- In re Hatem Yehia Youssef, 2011 WL 3298903 (9th Cir. BAP 2011)
- In re The Legacy Estate Group, Slip Copy, 2007 WL 3261854 (Bankr. N.D.Cal. 2007)
- Orange County Bar Association, "Nondischargeability Litigation: Selected Issues," May 2002
- Panelist, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum Program: "Recovering the Loot: "Pursuing and Defending Fraud and Other Claims Against Insiders, Investors, and Aiders & Abettors In Bankruptcy Cases," April 2009
- Panelist, American Bankruptcy Institute, “Failing Lenders: Dueling Bankruptcy Cases”, March 2012
- Panelist, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and Chapman University School of Law, “Bankruptcy Code Section 523: A Comprehensive Seminar on All Aspects of Nondischargeability and Nondischargeability Litigation Under 11 U.S.C. Section 523”, April 2012”
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, "What Price Justice: Is There an Exception to The Absolute Priority Rule?" February, 1993
- "Adequate Protection After United Savings v. Timbers of Inwood Forest," 16 Cal. Bankr. J. 8 (1988)
- "Post-Petition Perfection of Assignment of Rent Clauses Under 11 U.S.C. §546(b): A Creative Illusion," 17 Cal. Bankr. J. 123 (1989)
- Panelist: 1990 Annual Conference of the California Bankruptcy Forum, "Converting Rents, Rates and Revenues Into Cash Collateral: New Challenges to an Old Alchemy"
- National Business Institute Seminar, "How to Protect Secured Interests in Bankruptcy in California," August, 1993
- Orange County Bar Association, "Bankruptcy Issues Arising From Securitized Loans," February 2002
- AV, Martindale Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in the 20th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, in the practice area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1980
- District of Columbia Bar, 2018
- State Bar of Texas, 2021
- Virginia State Bar , 2017
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1983
- California Bar Association, Member, 1986
- Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Past Chairman
Office location for Sean A. O'Keefe
26 Executive Park
Irvine, CA 92614
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023