Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaTomassian, Inouye & Grigorian LLP
Serge Tomassian is the Managing Partner of Tomassian, Inouye & Grigorian LLP, a So. California-based specialty firm focused in real estate, construction and general business and civil litigation. As a trial lawyer/litigator he is viewed as tough, detailed and a highly experienced professional. The firm maintains high professional and ethical standards.
Since 1984, Mr. Tomassian has successfully represented clients in all aspects of negotiations, litigation, trial, arbitration, mediation and settlements with awards in excess of hundreds of $ millions. Areas of expertise include construction claims, defects, real estate disputes. landslides, business and general civil litigation. He has handled a number of high profile Construction, Real Estate, Business & Landslide cases.
He graduated USC (Phi Beta Kappa) and McGeorge School of Law ( Moot Court Honors Board). He was voted Best Lawyers In America, Super Lawyer for So Cal., Top Lawyers in OC, AVVO Rating of Superb 10, Highest Rating of AV for Martindale Directory. He is also an experienced and skilled Arbitrator and Mediator for the American Arbitration Assoc.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Real Estate: Consumer, Business Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ttilaw.com/attorneys/Serge-Tomassian/
- Chairman, 2001-2013, 2017 and Trustee since 1993 of World Affairs Council of Orange County
- Church volunteer, lead small groups. , 2022
- Guest Speaker on Genocide Prevention and Awareness., 2015
- Arbitrator for OCSC Served as mentor for OCBA Orangewood ProgramChurch Sunday School volunteer-Irvine Mariners ChurchServe as member of HEROES for kids elementary school President 2007-09 of the Orange County Armenian Professional Society.
- Board of Directors for World Affairs Councils of America-based in Wash DC
- Chairman of the World Affairs Council of Orange County 2001, 2002 & 2011-12
- OCBA Constitutional Rights Foundation-Served as Judge for Moot CourtJudge Pro Tem for OCSC and Small claims.
- Member of 1918 Society World Affairs Councils of America
- As Plaintiffs counsel I have recovered through Trial (both jury and bench), Arbitration or Mediation in excess of $150,000,000 in damages. As Defense counsel-successfully defensed against several large complex Real Estate/Construction matters with each matter involving claims in excess of $20,000,000. I have been mentioned in Daily Journal Verdicts and Settlements on many occasions with a recent settlement and verdict in excess $10.5 million dollars. First ever jury verdict against the County of Orange in 2010 for liability for a defective and deteriorated Storm Drain causing building damage.
- Speaker, Lorman Seminar on "When Construction Projects go Bad".
- Speaker, Lorman Seminar on Public School Construction
- Speaker, American Arbitration Association-Seminar UCI-ADR
- Speaker, Orange County Bar Association-Construction Symposium
- Speaker, Association of General Contractors-Legal Advisory Committee
- Speaker, Mediating Case Irvine HOA-Woodbridge Board of Directors-Protection against Litigation.
- Speaker, Mitsubishi Corporate Offices-Speaker on Effective Mediation.
- Speaker, Various Trade Organizations on Preventing and Defending Against Liability Claims.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Delta Phi
- Golden Orange Award 2013 for leadership for World Affairs Council of Orange County, Golden Orange Award 2013
- Named in Best Lawyers of America, Best Lawyer in America, 2016
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Arbitrator and Mediator, American Arbitration Association, 1991-Present
- AVVO rating of perfect 10 as superb, AVVO rated Superb, 2012
- American Jurisprudence Award for Agency
- International Moot Court Honors Board
- Armenian Professional Society of Orange County Award of leadership & service, President, OCAPs, 2011
- Member, State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1984
- Board of Directors, Orange County Bar Association,
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee Section
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Business, Litigation and International Law Sections
- Chair, Orange County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- California, 1984
- Chair, Legislative Committee, Orange County Bar Association
- Chairman of the OC World Affairs Council (WAC)Chairman of Programs for WACMember of World Affairs Council of America-President's CircleLeadership mission trip to Israel-WACA 2008President of OCAPSLecturer and Speaker on Construction matters for Lorman Seminars and OCBAPanel member of AAA-on OC legal advisory council
- University of Southern California, B.A., 1979
- Trained and certified as an American Arbitration Association Arbitrator and Mediator, 1991
- Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do-3rd Degree
- Certificate In International and Comparative Law Studies-Paris France, 1981
- American Arbitration Association
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Office location for Serge Tomassian
2601 Main St
Irvine, CA 92614
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024