Thomas W. Tuttle
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Irvine, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2008
Attorney Thomas W. Tuttle is a shareholder with Seastrom Tuttle & Murphy law firm in Irvine/Newport Beach, California. Certified as a specialist in family law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Tuttle has more than 25 years of legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Orange County and the surrounding areas of Southern California who are going through a divorce or family law matter.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Tuttle has achieved remarkable success helping his clients make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division, alimony, and all other matters related to their divorces in high networth cases. Whether fighting on their behalf in court or assisting with negotiating favorable agreements through mediation or collaboration, he maintains an unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and best interests at all turns while helping them achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Widely regarded as a leader in his legal community, Mr. Tuttle served on the Family Law Advisory Commission to The State Bar of California, and he has served as chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer and executive committee member-at-large to the Orange County Bar Association's Family Law Section. He has also conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of topics.
Mr. Tuttle also serves on the board of directors of the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County as well as Master of the Bench of the Banyard Inn of Court. He is also a fellow with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and founding fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation.
Recognized for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Tuttle holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned perennial designation as one of his region's top lawyers for more than a decade. He has also received designation as among the 500 Leading Family Lawyers in America from Lawdragon.
A 1992 graduate of the University of California, Irvine, with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Mr. Tuttle obtained his Juris Doctor in 1997 from the University of Notre Dame Law School, where he served as editor of the Journal of Legislation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Marital Property
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2008
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Thomas W. Tuttle
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.seastromlaw.com/attorneys/thomas-w-tuttle/
- Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2021 Family Law Review" in 2022. Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2020 Family Law Review" in 2021. Presenter at the OCBA Family Law Section, Attorney Fee Seminar in 2020. Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2019 Family Law Review" in 2020. Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2018 Family Law Review" in 2019. Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2017 Family Law Review" in 2018. Presenter at the Orange County Bar Association Family Law Section Seminar, "Is Equal Time Best? The Law and Psychology Bearing on 50/50 Custody Orders", 2017. Moderator at Orange County Bar Association Family Law Section, 2016 – “Finances and the Family Law Attorney”. Presenter at the White Zuckerman Orange County Study Group "2015 Family Law Review" in 2016. Speaker at the OCBA MCLE Seminar on "Family Law Basics" in 2016. Moderator at the OCBA Seminar, "Homegrown Success Stories: Thriving Firms in OC and How They Got There" in 2015. Lecturer at the OCBA Family Law Section Discovery Symposium in November 2012. Lecturer at the "Basic Dissolution Training: From Petition to Judgment" seminar (2011 and 2012) for the Orange County Bar Association and Public Law Center; Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, Peer Court Attorney Advisor for Law Day
- Orange County Bar Association Family Law Section, “Discovery and Depositions in Family Law Matters”, 2013
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Editor Journal of Legislation, 1997
- Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Stars”, 2005 - 2008
- 500 Leading Family Lawyers in America, Lawdragon
- Orange County Top Attorneys, Orange Coast Magazine, 2013 - 2015
- Top 50 Attorneys in Orange County, Super Lawyer Magazine, 2013 and 2022, Super Lawyer, 2022
- Super Lawyers Magazine, “Super Lawyer”, 2012 - Present
- AV Peer Review Rated
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Orange County Bar Association - Family Law Section Executive Committee Board Member and past Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President/Chair Elect, and President/Chair; Banyard Inn of Court - Master Bencher; California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization: Family Law Advisory Commission; U.S. District Court
- Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2007
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County; Law Day Committee Member; Member of the Board of Directors for the Notre Dame Alumni Club of Orange County; Supporter of the Public Law Center; Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, California Psi Chapter Advisory Board
- Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation, Founding Fellow
- University of California, Irvine (B.A. in Political Science, Minor in Psychology), 1992
- 2003: Successfully argued the case of Columbus Antiques & Decorative Center, et al. v. Waste Management, Inc. et al., before the California Court of Appeal, Second District, Division Three 2019: In re Marriage of Wong, California Court of Appeal, Division Three, No. G057202 (OC Super. Ct. No. 95D011667) Certified for Publication, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022