Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Irvine, CA
- Free Consultation
Recognized as a knowledgeable and successful employment law attorney, Tina Locklear formed her law firm to protect the rights and interests of California employees. She represents clients throughout Southern California in matters related to:
- Wrongful termination
- Age, race, religion, gender and disability discrimination
- Whistleblowing and retaliation
- Employee misclassification and failure to promote
- Wage and hour issues
- FMLA and COVID leaves
- Government workers
Tina also takes on cases for government employees -(referred to as Public Law), representing Federal, State, County and City employees, employees of JPAs, employees of school districts.
An attorney exclusively devoted to employee rights, Ms. Locklear has procured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of her plaintiff clients. Some of her representative results include several Policy Limits settlements for discrimination and retaliation cases, a successful whistleblower retaliation case through a jury trial, and a 98% success rate in resolving client employment claims. Her recent government law cases include a settlement that covered all wages and benefits through to retirement, and other cases for reinstatement and restitution for failure to promote and retaliation cases. Her recent participation in the early administrative exhaustion process has helped avoid a wrongful termination. She has represented low wage sweat shop workers in PAGA and multi plaintiff litigation, as well as executives in Fortune 100 cases.
A valuable contributor to her legal community, Ms. Locklear is a longtime member of the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), and she volunteered to participate in CELA’s Legislative Committee, helping ensure California laws remain advantageous to employees. She is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
A motivational speaker, Ms. Locklear regularly addresses audiences and presents on topics pertaining to employment law. She also volunteers her time and is President of Orange County People for Animals, a non-profit whose purpose is to raise awareness and stop institutionalized animal abuse. She served in the past on the board of directors of LINC - a non-profit that developed low income and affordable housing for elders, transition aged youth, and the poor.
Law was her second career after spending 10 years in the real estate sector. She became an honors law graduate of Western State College of Law, Ms. Locklear obtained her Juris Doctor and was admitted to practice in California in 2000. During her time in law school, she served on the Student Bar Association, was editor of the Dictum Magazine, most importantly, served for 3 years on and Western State's Law Review, all while working full time.
About Tina Locklear
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.locklearlaw.com/tina-locklear-new
- Western State University - College of Law, Juris Doctorate. Graduated with Honors. Managing Editor of Law Review., 1998
Pro bono/Community Service
- LINC - Low Income Housing - Board of Directors, 2016
- President - Orange County People for Animals - 2002 to Present, 2002
- CELA - California Employment Lawyers Association , 2021
- Orange County Bar Association, 2021
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- CELA - Member since 2013 of California Employment Lawyers Association - Member and Participant on Legislative Committee , 2017
- CELA - California Emploment Lawyers Association - Member and Legislative Committee Volunteer, 2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Super Lawyer - Employment Law, 2021
- Super Lawyer Employment Law, 2020
- Single Plaintiff Misclassification Wage and Hour Preligation Settlement - $150,000, 2019
- Government employee - Wrongful Termination -- Settlement included pension, all missed pay through retirement, attorney fees $425,000, 2020
- 5 Plaintiff Wage and Hour settlement - $250,000 , 2020
- Garment Worker Wage and Hour violations with related PAGA action - Settled $640,000, 2020
- Retaliation lawsuit - Jury Verdict $340,000, 2018
- FEHA Employment Harrassment and Discrimination Case - Settlement $640,000 , 2021
- CELA - California Employment Lawyers Assoc
- Orange County Bar Assoc
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022