Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaThe Law Office of Marshall Silberberg
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in California since: 2013
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
The Law Office of Marshall Silberberg3333 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612 Visit website
Attorney William Collins is a partner with The Law Office of Marshall Silberberg, which has office locations in Irvine and Los Angeles, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer and emerging leader in his field, Mr. Collins provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Southern California who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one as a result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Collins has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those dealing with complex personal injury and medical malpractice claims, and he has helped secure substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients. Through the firm, he has served as counsel on a variety of civil litigation matters, assisting in the recovery of many multimillion-dollar awards.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Collins has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients. The son of a prominent trial lawyer, he has had an abiding passion for the law as long as he can remember, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
A 2008 graduate of the University of Southern California, Mr. Collins began his legal career in 2013 after obtaining his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School Los Angeles and his license to practice from The State Bar of California. In law school, he graduated within the top 25% of his class, and he received honors for his excellent academic achievements.
Mr. Collins is a member of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.silberberglaw.com/attorneys/william-collins/
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2021
- Dean's Honors List
- University of Southern California, Political Science major and History minor - 2008
- Our office represented a young child who suffered catastrophic neurological injury at a local hospital. The infant, who was suffering from severe dehydration, caused by vomiting and diarrhea, was admitted to a local hospital for correction of his condition via fluid administration. However, in the emergency department, a resident physician, one year out of medical school, admitted the infant to the floor, not the intensive care unit. On the floor, nurses failed to keep up with the child's fluid losses, resulting in him becoming even more severely dehydrated. Eventually, the infant suffered multiple strokes, all caused by severe and prolonged dehydration. A consulting neurosurgeon determined the child suffered catastrophic brain damage from dehydration. Our firm obtained $7,500,000.00 for the child, which will provide his needs for the remainder of his life. , 2021
- $225,000.00 retained surgical scissors settlement. William Collins, of the Law Offices of Marshall Silberberg, obtained $225,000.00 for a client who lived for six years with a pair of surgical scissors in his abdomen. After the scissors were incidentally discovered during a hip x-ray, the client underwent a 13 hour surgical procedure to remove them, followed by several weeks in the hospital recovering. General damages were limited by MICRA to $250,000.00, making this a great result for the client. , 2022
- The Law Offices of Marshall Silberberg represented a young child who lost her leg during a surgical procedure. Her leg was eventually amputated at the hip. She required life long support in the form of prosthetics legs and other assistive devices. Our firm was able to obtain a $2,500,000.00 settlement for our young client, designed to support her for the remainder of her life., 2019
- Our client was the daughter of a 64-year-old woman who suffered a stroke and was admitted to a nursing home with inability to speak, move the right side of her body, or care for herself, such that she was completely dependent on others for all of her needs. While in the nursing home, she developed a clot in an artery of her leg that caused her foot and lower leg to become necrotic and gangrenous. Staff at the nursing home ignored her cries for help for more than two months, resulting in the amputation of her leg just below the knee, severe infection, and death. We obtained a $1,750,000.00 settlement for our client., 2017
- Our client's wife was taken to a Northern California Hospital with complaints of altered mental status. Lab values revealed she was suffering from hyponatremia, low sodium levels in her blood. Rather than properly correct the hyponatremia, several physicians overcorrected her sodium levels, causing osmotic demyelination syndrome, rendering our client permanently disabled. We were able to obtain $5,800,000.00 for our client and her family., 2018
- A baby suffered permanent neurological injuries as a result of negligent failure to test the mother for viral conditions. The Law Offices of Marshall Silberberg obtained a $2,750,000.00 settlement., 2017
- The Law Offices of Marshall Silberberg secured a $2.8 million dollar settlement on behalf of a husband and wife in a medical malpractice case in which medical care providers failed to diagnose and treat an ischemic stroke. After experiencing symptoms of a stroke, the husband was taken emergently to a local hospital. Unfortunately, the treating physician and nurses failed to properly identify the ischemic stroke and failed to administer appropriate treatment. As a result, our client suffered severe neurologic injury., 2016
Office location for William Collins
3333 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023