William J. Brown, Jr.
Top rated intellectual property litigation attorney in Irvine, CaliforniaBrown Wegner LLP
Practice Areas: Intellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Employment litigation view more
Licensed in California since: 1997
Education: Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law
Brown Wegner LLP2010 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614 Visit website
William J. Brown Jr. is an experienced complex litigation trial attorney, representing clients ranging from small technology ventures to well-known publicly traded companies in courts throughout the nation. He is a partner at the Brown Wegner LLP law firm in Irvine, California. His practice areas are mainly focused on business and commercial litigation, employment defense and intellectual property litigation.
Serving a diverse clientele ranging from sports companies to pharmaceuticals, Mr. Brown is well-experienced in cases involving patent litigation and international trade secret disputes. He has good knowledge of various technological products, having handled a variety of cases throughout his legal career, involving internet servers, digital signal processing, semiconductors, automotive parts, communications equipment, etc.
Mr. Brown is a proven leader several legal, civic and charitable groups, with well-established relationships at the local and national levels of prominent organizations. He is a Senior Fellow at the Litigation Counsel of America and a charter member of the Intellectual Property Institute. the president of the St. Thomas More Society of Orange County. He is also a member of:
- The Federal Bar Association – Orange County Chapter
- The Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- The Orange County Bar Association
- The board of advisors for The Federalist Society – Orange County Lawyers Chapter
- The board of directors at the Howard T. Markey Intellectual Property Inn of Court
Obtaining his bachelor’s in economics with military distinction from the United States Air Force Academy in 1988, Mr. Brown went on to serve in the United States Air Force as a captain for six years before he decided to pursue his interest in law at the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law. In law school, he functioned as the executive editor of Jurimetrics for the Journal of Law Science and Technology and was the symposium editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. Graduating cum laude in 1997, he was licensed to practice in California the same year.
Mr. Brown is admitted to practice in every state trial and appellate court in California; the Supreme Court of the United States; all the U.S. District Courts in California and Colorado; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and the Southern District of Indiana; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit; and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Practice areasIntellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Appellate
- 50% Intellectual property litigation
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://brownwegner.com/attorneys/william-brown/
- United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America, 1988 B.S., Honors: With Military Distinction, 1988
- From 2009-2012: Chapman University Fowler School of Law, Military and Veterans Law Clinic, founding faculty/Adjunct Professor; taught legal ethics and legal practice classes; supervised pro bono cases for active military and veterans; represented homeless veteran with PTSD in multi-year effort to successfully appeal denial of VA benefits., 2012
- St. John Bosco High School, Board of Directors and Corporate Secretary
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- Federal Bar Association, Orange County
- Howard T. Markey Intellectual Property Inn of Court, Master, Board of Directors, Past President
- Federalist Society, Orange County Lawyers Chapter, Board of Advisors, Past President
- St. Thomas More Society of Orange County, Board of Directors and Past President
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow and charter member of the Intellectual Property Institute
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Unites States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Symposium Editor, Harvard Journal Of Law & Public Policy
- Executive Editor, Jurimetrics, The Journal Of Law Science And Technology
Office location for William J. Brown, Jr.
2010 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023