Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Laguna Hills, CA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Peter F. Iocona is the Owner of The Law Office of Peter F. Iocona, or Peter F. Iocona, Attorney at Law, and a Founding Member, Owner, CFO, and Lead Trial Attorney for The SoCal Law Network in Laguna Hills, California, which he opened in 2016 with his two law partners, Alan Castillo and Marlo Cordero. Mr. Iocona was formerly the Managing Attorney and Lead Trial Attorney in Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Cases for the Law Office of Barry T. Simons.
Mr. Iocona is committed to representing people across Orange County, California for DUI, specifically those arrested by the Orange County Sheriff's Department in Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Stanton, and Yorba Linda; or those arrested by local police departments in Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, La Habra, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Tustin, and Westminster.
While Mr. Iocona focuses his practice on handling cases that involve DUI or DWI in Southern California; he also handles general Criminal Defense Cases, Personal Injury Cases, Consumers/Debtors Rights and Bankruptcy cases. Mr. Iocona practices in both the State and Federal Courts of Southern California.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Iocona has an established track record of dismissals and/or reduced charges for clients in courts across Southern California. For his achievements, he has been named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and is known as one of Orange County's most successful trial lawyers. As an accomplished trial attorney, Mr. Iocona has earned a reputation of being one of the best DUI Lawyers in Southern California and throughout the State of California, and because of this, has been named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, a Thomas Reuters Attorney-Rating Service.
Mr. Iocona holds an Avvo-Rating of "Superb" or "10/10" and OC Metro magazine has listed him as one of the area's "Top-Rated DUI Attorneys in Orange County, California".
In 2010, Mr. Iocona was asked to serve as an expert panelist for a DUI Drugs seminar sponsored by the Orange County (O.C.) Crime Laboratory and the California Association of Toxicologists (C.A.T.), entitled: "DUI Drugs, Says Who?" and in 2015, Mr. Iocona was the first DUI Defense Attorney to be asked to lecture at the California Criminalistics Institute's Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar regarding "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases". This course is sponsored by the California Department of Justice and attended by State Experts from across the country as part of their training as a forensic scientist. Mr. Iocona continues to speak or lecture at that seminar regularly regarding the role of a forensic toxicologist in DUI trials and their opinions relating to blood test variability, breath test variability, alcohol absorption and elimination and the interpretation of field sobriety test evidence and the effects of alcohol and/or drugs on the human body.
In 2015, Mr. Iocona was selected as a "Superior DUI Attorney" by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense (NAFDD). That same year, he was selected for inclusion in the 2015 list of the "Nation’s Top One Percent", which is published by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC).
In 2017, Mr. Iocona was selected into the list of America's Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys. This designation relates to not only Mr. Iocona's work as a DUI Defense Attorney; but also to his work as a Criminal Defense Attorney.
Mr. Iocona had been heavily involved in the reformation of the treatise called "California Drunk Driving Law," serving as a contributing editor to the book from 2003 to 2016. Every DUI Lawyer in the State of California uses this book to understand how to defend one of their own clients against a DUI charge in the California.
A published author, Mr. Iocona is active in the legal community and regularly delivers lectures and seminars on the defense of drunk driving. Mr. Iocona is a member and graduate of the National College for DUI Defense, a member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and a member of the California DUI Lawyers Association, and he lectures frequently about how to successfully defend against DMV APS Suspension actions and DUI Charges.
For the last decade, Mr. Iocona has been focused on protecting the rights of people who have been accused of drunk and/or drugged driving. One of Mr. Iocona's cases was even featured in an article that was published in the OC Weekly in 2016: "OC Judge Slams Prosecutor for Misconduct, Prosecutor Gets Promoted by DA Tony Rackauckus". This article is part of a lengthy series of articles by Scott Moxley of the OC Weekly regarding what has become known as the "Orange County Snitch Scandal". The article addresses the extent of Prosecutorial Misconduct in Orange County stating "Prosecutorial cheating apparently extends to relatively minor trials, too." The article demonstrates Mr. Iocona's zealous advocacy on behalf of his clients.
Qualified as a "Breath Test Administrator" and trained on the proper maintenance and calibration of breath test devices, he knows how breath testing devices should be handled, maintained and calibrated. Mr. Iocona has also been "Qualified" as a "Standardized Field Sobriety Test Administrator" as well as a "Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor". Mr. Iocona knows how Field Sobriety Tests should be administered as part of a DUI Investigation and his command of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests, coupled with his training on the proper maintenance and calibration of breath test devices, has assisted Mr. Iocona in obtaining several "Not Guilty" verdicts over the course of his career as a Trial Attorney.
Mr. Iocona also has extensive training related to DUI Alcohol Charges involving DUI Drug Charges. Having received training in the International Drug Evaluation and Classification Program, which is designed to teach law enforcement officers how to recognize and identify drug impairment, Mr. Iocona knows what is required of officers to properly conduct a D.R.E. Evaluation of a person suspected to be DUI-Drugs, or driving under the influence of drugs. Mr. Iocona uses this training to cross-examine officers and the State's Expert regarding the validity of their opinions.
Because of this training, Mr. Iocona was asked to served as an expert panelist for a DUI Drugs seminar sponsored by the Orange County (O.C.) Crime Laboratory and the California Association of Toxicologists (C.A.T.), entitled: "DUI Drugs, Says Who?". He was also the first DUI Defense Attorney to be asked to lecture at the Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar regarding "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases". This course is sponsored by the California Department of Justice and attended by State Experts from across the country as part of their training as a forensic scientist.
Mr. Iocona is one of the few attorneys in the State of California who appeals erroneous DMV rulings by California DMV Hearing Officers through Writs of Mandate. Mr. Iocona is considered one of Southern California's "Best" or "Top-Rated" Attorneys as a result of his dedication to defending those charged with a crime, particularly DUI, and for those who have been harmed by the actions of others.
In 2017, Mr. Iocona officially began accepting consumer rights/debtors rights cases in ensuring that creditors follow the proper protocols in collecting an alleged debt and removing "negative" credit entries from credit reports.
Mr. Iocona also began accepting cases in the area of bankruptcy where attempting credit repair would not be helpful to the needs of his clients. This permits Mr. Iocona to properly guide clients to the proper, most economical choice in the decision to either repair one's credit or instead file for bankruptcy.
Mr. Iocona also officially began accepting plaintiff's personal injury cases for the "negligence" of another. Mr. Iocona accepts many of these cases on a "contingency basis", which means you will not be charged for the representation unless your case is won!
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 10%Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
DUI/DWI, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Bankruptcy Law, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016
About Peter Iocona
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.oc-duilawyer.com/DUI-Attorney-Peter-Iocona.html
- Orange County Bar Association-Bridging the Gap: "What Is Administrative Law?" (Santa Ana: July, 2008)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Irvine: February, 2008)
- 84th Annual California State Bar Seminar (California State Bar), "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings & Writs and Appeals," (Long Beach: October, 2011)
- 2012 "Fast Eddie" Kuwatch All-Day DUI Seminar, "D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings: What Still Works," (San Francisco: March, 2012)
- California Association of Toxicologists (CAT) Panel Expert: "When is One Qualified to Render an Opinion?" (Anaheim: November, 2010)
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse Seminar (Western State School of Law Seminar), "Drug And Alcohol Abuse And How It Affects Lawyers," (Panel Speaker), (Anaheim: June, 2013)
- California DUI Lawyer's Association (CDLA): Occupy DUI San Diego, "DMV APS Hearings, Writs & Appeals," (San Diego, November 2012)
- Expert panelist for a DUI Drugs seminar sponsored by the Orange County (O.C.) Crime Laboratory and the California Association of Toxicologists (C.A.T.), entitled: "DUI Drugs, Says Who?
- Contributing Editor to the two volume treatise: "California Drunk Driving Law", (often considered the "Bible of Drunk Driving Law" in the State of California) from 2003 to 2016.
- California Criminalistics Institute (C.C.I.), Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar Speaker, "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases," (Newport Beach: June 2017)
- California Criminalistics Institute (C.C.I.), Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar Speaker, "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases," (Newport Beach: April 2015)
- California Association of Toxicologists (CAT) Panel Expert: "DUI Drugs-To Quantitate or Not to Quantitate?" (Anaheim: November, 2010)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Fresno: May, 2009)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Oakland: June, 2008)
- "Qualified" to Administer the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST) under the standards set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- "Qualified" as a Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor
- Certified Operator - Alco-Sensor IV-Preliminary Alcohol Screening (PAS) Test device
- Featured in the annual publication of OC Metro Magazine of the "Top-Rated DUI Attorneys" in Orange County
- Rated by "Super Lawyers," 2015-2016
- Awarded "Top Contributor" by Avvo
- Selected as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Named a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" in 2015
- Rated "Superb" "10/10" by Avvo
- Selected as a "Top-Rated DUI Attorney" by AVVO
- Selected for inclusion on the 2015 list of the "Nation’s Top One Percent", as published by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC)
- Received "Client's Choice Award" from Avvo Rating Service
- Member, California DUI Lawyer's Association (CDLA)
- Member, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Member, The National Advocacy of DUI Defense
- Member, California Association for Criminal Justice(CACJ)
- In 2015, Mr. Iocona was Rated by "Super Lawyers" and named a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" - a designation given to only 2.5% of all the lawyers in the State of California. Attorney Peter F. Iocona was Rated by "Super Lawyers" again in 2016. To learn more about this distinguished award, watch this video from Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Recognition Video, 2015
- This short interview-style video of Attorney Peter F. Iocona discusses the reasons why he defends those charged with a crime, including DUI, and his approach to interacting with his clients at the SoCal Law Network., Peter F. Iocona - Attorney at Law
- Arrested for DUI in Orange County on St. Patrick’s Day or over St. Patrick’s Day Weekend? Call Peter F. Iocona, Att… https://t.co/UIz57jpOBd
- Game Of Hide-And-Seek Breaks Out During Unbelievable LA Police Chase https://t.co/rOGpyu4znh
- Google News - Insane Video of Man Allegedly Stealing, Crashing Yacht into Boats in Newport https://t.co/75T6cfI6EX
- Google News - Pennsylvania police find live deer inside car during DUI stop https://t.co/iym6UtR3qM
- Google News - Florida woman charged with DUI after driving through golf course in wild police chase https://t.co/2DRExMG8tn
Last Updated: 5/15/2022