Top rated criminal defense attorney in Laguna Hills, CaliforniaPeter F. Iocona & The SoCal Law Network
Attorney Peter F. Iocona is the Owner of The Law Office of Peter F. Iocona, or Peter F. Iocona, Attorney at Law, which focuses on DUI Defense, and a Founding Member, Owner, CFO, and Lead Trial Attorney for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) cases for The SoCal Law Network, which he opened in 2016 with his two law partners, Alan Castillo and Marlo Cordero. The SoCal Law Network would later be joined by Kenneth Norelli, an experienced criminal defense trial attorney with a history of successful verdicts in cases involving murder; violent sexual crimes, including rape; felony firearms cases; gang-related enhancements, juvenile cases and juvenile dependency matters. Collectively, the Criminal Defense Attorneys of The SoCal Law Network have been voted as Orange County's "Best" or "Top-Rated" Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Mr. Iocona was formerly the Managing Attorney and Lead Trial Attorney in Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Cases for the Law Office of Barry T. Simons. Mr. Iocona practices in both the State and Federal Courts of Southern California. While Mr. Iocona focuses on handling DUI cases in Orange County, he and the Criminal Defense Attorneys of The SoCal Law Network handle some of the most complicated Criminal Defense Cases in Orange County, such as:
- Child Molestation, or Committing Lewd Acts on a Child or Minor;
- Murder, Homicide, Voluntary Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter
- Sex Crimes, such as Sexual Assault or Rape; Statutory Rape; or Spousal Rape;
- Creating, Distributing, or Possessing Child Pornography; and Solicitation of a Minor;
- Prostitution, Pimping and Pandering, Human Trafficking or Solicitation of Prostitution;
- Domestic Violence, Assault and Battery, Assault With a Deadly Weapon, and Kidnapping;
- White Collar Crimes, Fraud, Grand Theft Embezzlement, Petty Theft Embezzlement, and Forgery;
- DUI, DUI Drugs, DUI With Injury, DUI With Great Bodily Injury, DUI Manslaughter, Watson Murder;
- Theft, Robbery, Burglary, Carjacking, Shoplifting and/or Petty Theft, Grand Theft, and Grand Theft Auto (GTA);
- Possession of Illegal Firearm, Carrying a Loaded Firearm in Public, Felon in Possession of Firearm, Brandishing a Weapon;
- Felony Criminal or Terroristic Threats, Misdemeanor Criminal or Terroristic Threats;
- Drug Possession, Drug Possession With Intent to Distribute;
- Internet/Online Fraud, Phishing or Identity Theft, Hacking;
- Felony Vandalism, Misdemeanor Vandalism;
- Felony & Misdemeanor Juvenile Charges;
- Expungements and Motions to Reduce.
As an accomplished trial attorney, Mr. Iocona has earned a reputation of being one of the best Trial Attorneys in Southern California, and because of this, was rated by Super Lawyers, a Thomas Reuters Attorney-Rating Service and has been named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and is known as one of Orange County's most accomplished trial lawyers.
Mr. Iocona holds an Avvo-Rating of "Superb" or "10/10" and OC Metro magazine listed him as one of the area's "Top-Rated DUI Attorneys in Orange County, California". Mr. Iocona has a reputation for being a zealous advocate and a seasoned trial attorney and one of his case was even featured in an article that was published in the OC Weekly in 2016: "OC Judge Slams Prosecutor for Misconduct, Prosecutor Gets Promoted by DA Tony Rackauckus". This article is part of a lengthy series of articles by Scott Moxley of the OC Weekly regarding what has become known as the "Orange County Snitch Scandal". The article addresses the extent of Prosecutorial Misconduct in Orange County stating that "Prosecutorial cheating apparently extends to relatively minor trials, too.", which Mr. Iocona exposed in 2015 during the trial of The People of the State of California vs. Sandra Goelman.
In 2015, Mr. Iocona was also selected as a "Superior DUI Attorney" by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense (NAFDD). That same year, he was also selected for inclusion in the 2015 list of the "Nation’s Top One Percent", which is published by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC).
In 2017, Mr. Iocona was selected into the list of America's Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys based on his work on Criminal Defense cases. This designation is awarded to only a select few of each jurisdiction's best criminal defense attorneys.
Mr. Iocona and The SoCal Law Network also specialize in Professional Licensing Defense matters. It's rare to find a Professional Licensing Defense firm who also specializes in Criminal Defense matters. The two disciplines are often intertwined: professional licensees are charged with criminal offenses and/or professional licensees are charged with criminal behavior in the context of their fitness to be a professional licensee.
Mr. Iocona is committed to representing people across the entire State of California with challenges or accusations toward their professional license. Mr. Iocona represents professional licensees before the California Board of Medicine, the California Board of Registered Nursing, the California Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians, the California Board of Psychology and the California Board of Behavioral Psychology, including Licensed Therapists and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), California Real Estate Agents and California Real Estate Brokers, the California Board of Pharmacy, the California Board of Optometry, and the California Board of Accountancy.
Mr. Iocona is committed to representing people across Orange County, California for DUI, specifically those arrested by the Orange County Sheriff's Department in Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Stanton, and Yorba Linda; or those arrested by local police departments in Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, La Habra, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Tustin, and Westminster.
If you are charged with a Crime, including DUI, or are facing an allegation or accusation from a Professional Licensing Board, contact Peter F. Iocona, Attorney at Law and the Criminal Defense Attorneys of The SoCal Law Network to obtain the best possible outcome and protect your rights from overreaching government actors and/or actions.
Follow Peter F. Iocona and The SoCal Law Network's Criminal Defense Blog!
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Debt, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
- 50% Criminal defense
- 50% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.occriminaldefenseattorney.com/about-us/
- Orange County Bar Association-Bridging the Gap: "What Is Administrative Law?" (Santa Ana: July, 2008)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Irvine: February, 2008)
- 84th Annual California State Bar Seminar (California State Bar), "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings & Writs and Appeals," (Long Beach: October, 2011)
- 2012 "Fast Eddie" Kuwatch All-Day DUI Seminar, "D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings: What Still Works," (San Francisco: March, 2012)
- California Association of Toxicologists (CAT) Panel Expert: "When is One Qualified to Render an Opinion?" (Anaheim: November, 2010)
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse Seminar (Western State School of Law Seminar), "Drug And Alcohol Abuse And How It Affects Lawyers," (Panel Speaker), (Anaheim: June, 2013)
- California DUI Lawyer's Association (CDLA): Occupy DUI San Diego, "DMV APS Hearings, Writs & Appeals," (San Diego, November 2012)
- Expert panelist for a DUI Drugs seminar sponsored by the Orange County (O.C.) Crime Laboratory and the California Association of Toxicologists (C.A.T.), entitled: "DUI Drugs, Says Who?
- Contributing Editor to the two volume treatise: "California Drunk Driving Law", (often considered the "Bible of Drunk Driving Law" in the State of California) from 2003 to 2016.
- California Criminalistics Institute (C.C.I.), Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar Speaker, "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases," (Newport Beach: June 2017)
- California Criminalistics Institute (C.C.I.), Forensic Alcohol Interpretation Seminar Speaker, "The Role of a Forensic Scientist in DUI Cases," (Newport Beach: April 2015)
- California Association of Toxicologists (CAT) Panel Expert: "DUI Drugs-To Quantitate or Not to Quantitate?" (Anaheim: November, 2010)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Fresno: May, 2009)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA): "Effectively Handling D.M.V. A.P.S. Hearings" (Oakland: June, 2008)
- "Qualified" to Administer the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST) under the standards set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- "Qualified" as a Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor
- Certified Operator - Alco-Sensor IV-Preliminary Alcohol Screening (PAS) Test device
- Featured in the annual publication of OC Metro Magazine of the "Top-Rated DUI Attorneys" in Orange County
- Rated by "Super Lawyers," 2015-2016
- Awarded "Top Contributor" by Avvo
- Selected as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Named a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" in 2015
- Rated "Superb" "10/10" by Avvo
- Selected as a "Top-Rated DUI Attorney" by AVVO
- Selected for inclusion on the 2015 list of the "Nation’s Top One Percent", as published by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC)
- Received "Client's Choice Award" from Avvo Rating Service
- Member, California DUI Lawyer's Association (CDLA)
- Member, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Member, The National Advocacy of DUI Defense
- Member, California Association for Criminal Justice(CACJ)
- In 2015, Mr. Iocona was Rated by "Super Lawyers" and named a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" - a designation given to only 2.5% of all the lawyers in the State of California. Attorney Peter F. Iocona was Rated by "Super Lawyers" again in 2016. To learn more about this distinguished award, watch this video from Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Recognition Video, 2015
- This short interview-style video of Attorney Peter F. Iocona discusses the reasons why he defends those charged with a crime, including DUI, and his approach to interacting with his clients at the SoCal Law Network., Peter F. Iocona - Attorney at Law
- Professional Licensing Defense
Office location for Peter Iocona
22982 La Cadena Dr #239
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016