Jennifer L. Thaete
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Livermore, CaliforniaLaw Office of Jennifer Thaete, PC
Representing clients in Livermore, California, Jennifer L. Thaete handles legal issues related to estate planning, probate and trust administration, and trust litigation. An attorney with the Law Office of Jennifer Thaete, PC, she has almost two decades of experience helping clients set up the foundations they need to ensure their goals and wishes are carried out during their lives and after they die. She is focused on making what can often be an overwhelming process seem simple.
Ms. Thaete earned her Juris Doctor from Humphreys University in 2000 and has her certificate of specialization in estate planning, trust and probate law, given by the California Board of Legal Specialization. Former president of the Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council, she is also actively involved with the WealthCounsel Advisors Forum and the Continuing Education of the Bar.
Admitted to practice in the state of California, Ms. Thaete is the acting legal adviser to Livermore Downtown Inc., and she assists the board of directors for the Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce, where she served for one year as chair. She is also a member of the Eastern Alameda County Bar Association, the Alameda County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and The State Bar of California.
Within The State Bar of California, Ms. Thaete is an active member of the Trusts and Estates Section. An engaging speaker with extensive legal knowledge, she has been a regular speaker for the Continuing Education of the Bar for the past four years, presenting on issues related to estate and trust administration.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
Estate planning, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 90% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Elder law
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.thaetelaw.com/about-us/
- Eastern Alameda County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association
- California State Bar, Active Member
- served as President of the Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council, 2007
- Active in Rotary, Chair of the Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce Board, and currently serving on the Interfaith Housing Board
- Certificate of Specialization in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization, 2007
- I have had the privilege of speaking at a number of CEB mcle programs over the past four years. Including: Presenter as a part of the inaugural Basics Course on Estate Planning in September 2012, covered four topics; Speaker as a part of the panel on Incorporating Retirement Assets into the Estate Plan May 2013; Speaker as a part of the Basics in Estate Planning course 2013, covered five topics; Co-Presenter in March 2014 - Estate Planning with Family Law Strings Attached; Moderator and speaker May 2015 - How to Administer a Revocable Living Trust; additionally rewrote and edited 3 chapters of the CEB practice guide on Guardianships in 2006, 2008 & 2009., Moderator & Presenter, MCLE, CEB, CEB, 2015
- Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council (past President)
- WealthCounsel Advisors Forum
Office location for Jennifer L. Thaete
2600 Kitty Hawk Road
Livermore, CA 94551
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023