Brent S. Buchsbaum
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Long Beach, CaliforniaBuchsbaum & Haag, LLP
Brent S. Buchsbaum is an equity partner at the Law Offices of Buchsbaum & Haag, LLP, located in Long Beach, California. Representing employees throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties, he focuses his practice on cases involving the state's Fair Employment and Housing Act, the federal Equal Pay Act, the failures of employers to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled or pregnant employees, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act, hostile work environment, wrongful termination, discrimination, hostile work environment, whistleblower retaliation and other related employment law matters. He has won a jury verdict in excess of $1,000,000 and has obtained numerous class action settlements in excess of $1,000,000.
Mr. Buchsbaum has secured in excess of $40 million for his clients while serving as lead trial counsel. In one representative case, he obtained $1.17 million on behalf of a client in a lawsuit based on racial harassment and discrimination that was filed against the city of Pasadena. This jury verdict resulted in his being invited to become a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. In 2008, Mr. Buchsbaum was nominated to be the recipient of the Trial Lawyer of the Year award bestowed annually by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
Mr. Buchsbaum completed his undergraduate education at the University of California, Santa Barbara, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology in 1994. He then attended the University of San Diego School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1997. Admitted to practice in California, Mr. Buchsbaum is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Buchsbaum is an active participant in the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is also a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association and the Los Angeles County and Long Beach bar associations.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination
- 100% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.buchsbaumhaag.com/
- Laguna Beach High School
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California B.A., cum laude, Honors: With Honors, Major: Psychology, 1994
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Nominee for 2008 Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2012
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Long Beach Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1999
- California, 1998
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Active Member
- State Bar of California's Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
Office location for Brent S. Buchsbaum
Long Beach, CA 90802
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024