Shafiel A. Karim
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Long Beach, CaliforniaLaw Office of Shafiel A. Karim, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2013
Education: Southwestern Law School
Languages Spoken: Bengali, English
Law Office of Shafiel A. Karim, P.C.1154 East Wardlow Road
Long Beach, CA 90807 Visit website
An employment law litigator in Long Beach, California, Shafiel A. Karim is principal of Law Office of Shafiel A. Karim, P.C. His practice areas include all types of employment litigation including wage and hour retaliation, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, whistleblower and wage theft. A passionate representative for workers who refuse to give up, he protects anyone who has been fired from a job because of a protected status. A versatile representative, he also represents small-business employers who have been sued by current or former employees..
Mr. Karim graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from California State University, Fullerton. He he earned a Master of Arts from California State University, Long Beach, a Master of Business Administration from the Claremont Colleges, and his Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School.
Mr. Karim is a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Admitted to practice in the state of California and the District of Columbia, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of California and the Central District of California.
With over 15 years of experience in business management and almost a decade of legal experience, Mr. Karim is well-prepared to represent both individuals and businesses. Fluent in English and Bengali, he has represented retail workers, warehouse workers, office workers, executives and professionals, small and medium-sized businesses, health care firms, and businesses in litigation matters involving employment law and/or business disputes.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment litigation: defense
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation
First Admitted: 2013, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.skarimlaw.com/
- Peter F. Drucker & Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management Claremont, Graduate University | Claremont Colleges, M.B.A., 2012
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A., Major: Religious Studies, 2008
- California State University, Long Beach, M.A., Major: Religious Studies, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2014
- State Bar of California
- A legal article reviewing the laws and regulations that govern commercial endorsements on social media websites, Author, "Clear and Conspicuous" Disclosures Between Celebrity Endorsers and Advertisers on Social Media Websites, Competition: The Journal of the Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section of the State Bar of California, Advertising, 2016
- A review of the proposed Dietary Supplement Labeling Act of 2011, Author, A Survey of the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act of 201, Natural Products Industry Insider, Dietary Supplement
- Shafiel A. Karim, 15 Nat. Prod. Ind. Ins. 7 at 44, June 2010, Author, ISO Standards in a GMP Environment, Natural Products Industry Insider
- Family Owned Business
- Small Business
Office location for Shafiel A. Karim
1154 East Wardlow Road
Long Beach, CA 90807
- Rising Stars: 2017, 2019 - 2023