Alisa M. Morgenthaler
Top rated business litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaMorgenthaler Law Group, Inc.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Construction litigation, Creditor debtor rights; view more
Licensed in California since: 1990
Education: Cornell University Law School
Morgenthaler Law Group, Inc.11620 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025 Visit website
Ms. Morgenthaler is the founder of the Morgenthaler Law Group, a law firm which she founded in 2011 after being a partner in a large law firm with the mission of providing clients with exceptional service and individualized attention at reasonable rates. Morgenthaler Law Group focuses on clients located in Los Angeles, California.
Ms. Morgenthaler has over 30 years of experience in all types of business and commercial litigation, handling cases that involve the following matters: complex commercial litigation, real estate, contracts, employment, debtor-creditor issues, entertainment, gaming, publishing, copyright and trademark, insurance, financial institutions, government entities, class actions, construction and securities cases.
Ms. Morgenthaler graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Missouri State University. She then went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Cornell University Law School.
Ms. Morgenthaler regularly assists clients without in-house counsel on matters involving litigation. She oversees the hiring of outside counsel, the litigation strategy chosen, the fee agreement negotiations between clients and outside counsel, and the invoices from outside counsel to her clients.
Additionally, Ms. Morgenthaler has extensive experience in handling complex litigation, including class actions, and she has represented clients in significant litigation issues. She uses efficiency to make sure that cases are resolved as quickly as possible, eliminating unnecessary legal fees and services for her clients. When cases go to trial, Ms. Morgenthaler is known as a tenacious litigator who will fight to preserve her clients' rights. She also believes in keeping her clients informed throughout the legal process.
A member of The State Bar of California, Ms. Morgenthaler is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the District of Columbia Courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and state courts in California and New York.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Construction litigation: business, Creditor debtor rights: business, Insurance coverage, Intellectual property litigation, Real estate: business
Trade secret, Construction defects, Collections, Debt discharge, Foreclosure, Loan modifications, Insurance, Bad faith insurance, Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance
- 50% Business litigation
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1986, New York
Professional Webpage: https://morgenthalerlawgroup.com
- City of Los Angeles v. Industrial Risk Insurers, et al.
- Insurance Commissioner of the State of California v. Executive Life Insurance Company, et al.
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. v. MGM Domestic Television Distribution Inc., et al.
- IDS, Inc. v. World Discovered, LLC, et al.
- American International Specialty Lines Insurance Company v. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., et al.
- In re Acres Gaming Securities Litigation
- Switzer, et al. v. Big Ticket Pictures, et al.
- Fulton Santa Rosa, LLC v. Granite State Insurance Co., et al.
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc., et al. v. Fresh America Corp., et al.
- Eallonardo, et al. v. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., et al.
- Kajima Engineering and Construction, Inc. v. City of Los Angeles
- MTA Wilshire Corridor Subway Stop Litigation
- MGM Studios
- City of Los Angeles, Dept. of Airports and Dept. of Water and Power
- G & L Realty Corp.
- Crown Media Holdings
- County of Los Angeles, Dept of Health Services
- Humphrey, Mengle, Ireland, and Morgenthaler, Pricing Fedwire Daylight Overdrafts, Fed. Reserve Press Release (Jan. 20, 1987)
- Board of Directors (VP), 3019 Third Street Owners Association
- Board of Directors, Brentwood Community Council
- Board of Directors (VP), Malibu Riviera III Homeowners Association
- Board of Directors, South Brentwood Residents' Association
- Board of Directors (President), Mayfield Gardens Townhomes Owners Association
- Board of Directors, Gamma Phi Beta House Corporation, UCLA
- Board of Directors (VP & Secretary), LARC Foundation
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who Among American Women
- Student Representative to Faculty Committee, Cornell Law School, 1985
- Named by Los Angeles Magazine as one of the "Top 50 Women Lawyers in Southern California," 2006-2010
- Martindale Hubbell A-V Rating
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who Among American Law Students, Cornell Law School, 1985
- International Law Society, President, Cornell Law School, 1985
- Named by Los Angeles Magazine as a "Super Lawyer" in Southern California, 2006-2018
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2011-2014
- Who's Who in American Law
- Cuccia Cup Moot Court Competition, semi-finalist, Cornell Law School, 1985
- Phi Alpha Delta, Vice-President, Cornell Law School, 1985
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Who's Who, 2017
- Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri, B.A., Magna cum laude, Major: Political Science, 1982
- District of Columbia, 1988
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1990
- California State Bar Association Committee on Administration of Justice
- New York, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1990
- Board of Directors, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- International Law Specialization Program, Cornell Law School, 1985
- California State Bar Associations
- California, 1990
- Board of Directors, Century City Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Committee on Judicial Appointments
- Health Care
- Real Estate
Office location for Alisa M. Morgenthaler
11620 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2011, 2015 - 2023