Top rated Aviation & Aerospace attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Alvaro Pascotto
Practice Areas: Aviation & Aerospace, Tax, Entertainment & Sports
Licensed in California since: 1987
Languages Spoken: English, French, Italian
Mr. Pascotto’s practice focuses principally on the area of business aviation, where he is recognized as an international expert. His clients include many Fortune 500 companies and well-known entertainment and business personalities. Additionally, his practice includes private equity and wealth management, tax planning, and entertainment and intellectual property.
Mr. Pascotto’s successful international aviation practice, industry knowledge and active involvement in the field for more than 30 years, has earned him a reputation as a “go-to” expert. His extensive aviation experience encompasses all aspects and complexities of business aircraft transactions and the ownership and operations of aircraft, including acquisitions and dispositions; outfittings and retrofits; financings; leases; charters; sales; tax-free exchanges; joint ownership, timeshare and cost-sharing arrangements; the ownership, financing and leasing of fractional jet aircraft interests and related operational arrangements. He is routinely involved in complex planning and structuring of ownership and operation of aircraft, including compliance with all applicable FAA and DOT regulatory requirements, methods of U.S. aircraft registration for non-US persons, establishing flight departments, and maximizing the associated tax benefits, and compliance with securities and governance laws and disclosures relevant to senior executives of publicly traded companies.
Mr. Pascotto is a member of the Tax Committee of the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. and he has lectured at a variety of aviation and tax seminars, and publishes articles on a regular basis.
First Admitted: 1976
Professional Webpage: http://www.pascottolaw.com/bio/
- Alvaro Pascotto has written many articles and publications, primarily for the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) -- see list below. NBAA ARTICLETHE MOST COMMON CALIFORNIA USE-TAX EXEMPTIONS FOR AIRCRAFTMay 20, 2002 NBAA ARTICLENON-BUSINESS USE OF EMPLOYER-PROVIDED AIRCRAFT Use of Business Aircraft: Securities Law ConsiderationsOctober 17, 2005 NBAA ARTICLECHANGES IN AIRCRAFT FINANCING, in “HELPING NBAA MEMBERS NAVIGATE THROUGH THE STORM’ -- NBAA Business Aviation Insider July/August 2009 NBAA ARTICLENON-BUSINESS USE OF EMPLOYER-PROVIDED AIRCRAFTUse of Corporate Aircraft by Executives of Public Companies: Should Tax Consequences be Disclosed? June 7, 2010 NBAA ArticleSELECTED TAX ISSUES IN LEASING TRANSACTIONSSeptember 2010 NBAA ARTICLENBAA MEMBER RESOURCEThe Most Common California Use Tax ExemptionsMarch 21, 2011
- See Resume: Member of the State Bar of California; also admitted to practice law in Italy.
- FAA Licensed Pilot
- JD University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy, 1973
- The official title of Commendatore is awarded by decree of the President of Italy to individuals who are given this honour in the Italian Order of Merit known as the Ordine al Merito Della Repubblica and other orders of knighthood., Commendatore, President of the Republic of Italy, 1989
- October 2012, Background and Basics: Ordinary and Necessary Use, Hobby Losses, Passive Losses, and At-Risk Rules, NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference, Orlando, FL -- October 2012, Advanced Loss Deductions: In-depth Look at Ordinary and Necessary Use, Hobby Losses, Passive Losses, and At-Risk Rules, NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference, Orlando, FL, Presenter, NBAA, 2012
- Numerous presentations at industry seminars and conferences, e.g., NBAA Annual Tax, Regulatory and Risk Management Conferences, NBAA Business Aviation Tax Seminars, NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forums, USC Gould School of Law, Milken Institute, Conklin & de Decker Conferences, IBC USA Annual Global Strategy Summit for the Citi Family Office
- October 2011, Challenges Associated With Moving an Aircraft Off the U.S. Civil Registry, 2011 NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Presenter, NBAA, 2011
- February 2012, Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements Are You Ready to Ride the Razor, 2012 NBAA Aircraft Registration Conference, Delray Beach, FL, Author/Presenter , NBAA, 2012
- May 2012, Personal Use of Business Aircraft Strategies (presented by Alvaro Pascotto, Law Offices of Alvaro Pascotto, Doug Stewart, AircraftLogs, and Jed Wolcott & Associates CPA, PA), NBAA Business Aviation Taxes Seminar, Denver, CO, Author/Presenter, NBAA, 2012
- October 2013, International Aircraft Transactions, 2013 NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Presenter, NBAA, 2013
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Internet/Media & Entertainment
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024