Amber N. Morton
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaHolland & Knight LLP
Practice Areas: Estate & Trust Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2012
Education: University of Southern California Gould School of Law
Holland & Knight LLP400 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071 Visit website
Amber N. Morton is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office and a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. Ms. Morton is an experienced litigator, and her practice focuses on all aspects of complex trusts and estates litigation, including trust and will contests, contested conservatorships, breach of fiduciary duty matters and financial elder abuse claims.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Morton was an attorney with a boutique Los Angeles trusts and estates litigation firm. Prior to that, Ms. Morton gained substantial litigation experience representing large public and private entities in employment-related litigation in state and federal courts.
While in law school, Ms. Morton was the president of the Latino Law Students Association, a copy editor for the Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice and a certified intern for the Post-Conviction Justice Project. Ms. Morton also gained experience as a judicial extern for the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation
- 100% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hklaw.com/en/professionals/m/morton-amber-n
- SuperLawyers® - Rising Star 2020
- Superlawyers® - Rising Star 2021
- Employment Law Update, Tri-Counties Local Government Associate Luncheon, 2016
- Conducting Workplace Investigations, PELRAC Annual Conference, Co-Presenter, 2015
- 2016 Legal Trends, Contributing Author, 2016 Legal Trends, 2015
- Answers to Common Employer Questions About Transgender Employees, Co-Author, https://www.cjpia.org/news/newsletter/newsletter-article/2016/05/25/may-2016---issue-51#three, The Authority / California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, 2016
- Transgender Employees’ Access to Restrooms in the Workplace, Author , 23 Employment Law Strategist 3, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Ms. Morton received her B.S. in International Culture and Politics and a Certificate in International Development from Georgetown University. She obtained her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she served as editor of USC’s Review of Law and Social Justice.
Office location for Amber N. Morton
400 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022