Andrea Fugate Balian
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004 - 2008
Andrea Fugate Balian is a partner at Harris • Ginsberg LLP, located in Los Angeles, California. She has been with the firm since 1996, and she devotes her practice exclusively to family law matters, representing a diverse group of clients throughout Southern California, including individuals who are connected to the entertainment, business, real estate and professional communities. Ms. Balian has extensive experience negotiating and litigating all types of family law issues, including child custody, child and spousal support, business valuation, separate property claims, community property allocations and prenuptial agreements.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan in 1992, Ms. Balian earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 1995. She has been certified as a specialist in family law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Admitted to practice in California, Ms. Balian is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Ms. Balian often shares her experience by lecturing on issues related to her practice area, and she has authored and coauthored chapters on California family law for various publications. Highly regarded by her peers, she has been listed in Best Lawyers in America.* To stay up to date on the latest developments in her chosen field of practice, Ms. Balian is an active participant in a variety of professional organizations. She belongs to the family law sections of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. In addition, Ms. Balian is a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2010. Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2004 - 2008
About Andrea Fugate Balian
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: http://harris-ginsberg.com/attorney-profiles/andrea-fugate-b...
- Best Lawyers in America 2013, 2014, 2015
- Southern California Rising Star for 2004-2008, Southern California Super Lawyers for 2014-2020 by Los Angeles Magazine , Super Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Former member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, which considers and makes recommendations on California legislation
- United States Court for the Central District of California
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Family Law Executive Committee
- “Strategies for Family Law in California” 2011 Edition (Chapter 13 “Changes and Trends in Family Law 2010”)
- Co-authored the entitled “California” chapter for the book “Family Law, Jurisdictional Comparisons” 2011 Edition with other attorneys at Harris • Ginsberg LLP
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1992
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022