Bassil A. Hamideh
Top rated intellectual property attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThe Hamideh Firm, P.C.
Bassil Hamideh represents clients in entertainment, fashion, intellectual property, employment, wage and hour, and serious injury matters. Bassil has tried to verdict, and/or settled over 100 right-of-publicity cases for top models, actors, and athletes. Bassil recently obtained a seven-figure jury verdict on behalf of a model for unlawful use of image and has settled many seven-figure right-of-publicity cases.
Bassil has been appointed lead counsel in numerous class action lawsuits representing tens of thousands of employees and consumers. Recent case resolutions include settling a wage and hour class case for $10,500,000, jury verdict (inclusive of attorney fees) in a right of publicity matter for estate of a deceased personality for $17,100,000, child brain injury case for $7,000,000, among others. Bassil has also litigated numerous individual wrongful termination cases, involving age and disability discrimination, and retaliation resulting in multi-million-dollar recoveries.
Bassil graduated from The George Washington University Law School and University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, all California state and federal courts, and multiple federal courts throughout the United States. Bassil is a relentless and dedicated trial lawyer who fights to vindicate his clients' rights in any forum.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Employment & labor: employee, Entertainment & sports, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
Intellectual property law, Entertainment, sports & leisure law, Class actions
- 20% Intellectual property
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Entertainment & sports
- 20% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hamidehfirm.com/attorneys/bassil-a-hamideh/
- Verdicts and settlements over $50,000,000
- Lead counsel in prosecution of cases against The Coca Cola Company, Inc., Monster Beverage Company, Inc., General Nutrition Centers, Inc., Dolce & Gabbana, Fiji Water Company, LLC, The Wonderful Company, LLC, American Airlines, Inc., Sofitel Hotel, Inc., Bank of America, Inc., Well Fargo, Inc., Whole Foods Market, Inc., Restoration Hardware, Inc., Intel, Inc., Motorola, Inc., Express Messenger Systems, Inc. dba OnTrac, American Logistics Company, LLC, Prime Time Shuttle, Inc., MGM Resorts International, Bellagio, LLC, Aria Resort and Casino, LLC, among many others.
- State Bar of California
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Central District of Utah
- Southern California Business Litigation American Inn of Court
- California Employment Lawyer Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Litigation Section, Media and Entertainment Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section, Intellectual Property Section
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- The George Washington University Law School, 2007
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, B.S.B.A., Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence in Professional Responsibility , 2004
Office location for Bassil A. Hamideh
1801 Century Park E
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018