Top Rated Environmental Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2013
Brian Langa is a partner at Los Angeles-based Demetriou Del Guercio Springer & Francis LLP. Focusing his practice primarily on a variety of environmental law matters, he furnishes representation to business and individual clients throughout Southern California. Admitted to practice before all California courts since 1998, Mr. Langa is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of California, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals for the quality of his work and superb ethics, he has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo.
A significant portion of Mr. Langa's practice involves the acquisition and development of contaminated real estate properties, and he has assisted both private parties and governmental agencies in these types of transactions. An accomplished courtroom advocate, he has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in claims arising under the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, also known as the "Superfund" statute. Mr. Langa also provides advice and counsel to clients regarding federal and state environmental regulatory compliance, and he has appeared on behalf of his clients before several agencies. His experience has also encompassed eminent domain and inverse condemnation litigation.
Mr. Langa is a member of several groups related to his practice areas, including the International Right of Way Association and the Environmental Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. His other affiliations include the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Litigation Section and the Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce. A recipient of a Bachelor of Science in environmental engineering from Rice University, Mr. Langa pursued his legal education at the University of Washington School of Law, and he served on the Moot Court Honor Board before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1998.
About Brian Langa
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ddsffirm.com/attorney/langa-brian-d/
- Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce, Governmental Affairs Committee
- California Waste Association (Former Chair of Los Angeles/Orange County Steering Committee
- International Right of Way Association, Chapter 1
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Environmental and Litigation Sections
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008
- Federal Bar Association, Litigation Section
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 2000
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1999
- California Bar, 1998
- National Business Institute, Speaker
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, J.D., 1998
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, B.S., Environmental Engineering, June, 1995
Last Updated: 5/15/2022