Daniel L. Goodkin
Top rated real estate attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaGoodkin APC
Daniel L. Goodkin is committed to representing clients in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California, at the law offices of Goodkin APC. Taking a comprehensive approach to his practice, Mr. Goodkin provides counsel to and advocates for people who are dealing with matters including insurance coverage, real estate litigation and construction litigation. A partner at his firm, he has extensive litigation and negotiation experience, which he brings to bear to find efficient, cost-effective legal solutions for his clients.
Admitted to The State Bar of California, Mr. Goodkin is also a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Through his involvement in these groups, he keeps apprised of new developments in real estate and commercial law. That knowledge translates into effective representation that targets his clients’ goals for their cases. He also shares his experience with others as a published author and a speaker to bar associations and trade organizations.
In every case, Mr. Goodkin takes a step back to help his clients see the big picture. This leads to a strategy that addresses short-term concerns and takes into account potential long-term issues. Risk management is a constant priority for Mr. Goodkin, who will analyze a contract, insurance policy or transaction to ensure its viability and compliance.
Before starting his career, Mr. Goodkin earned a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California Los Angeles in 1983. He went on to receive a Juris Doctor in 1987 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
When he is not at his practice, Mr. Goodkin serves as a judge pro tem for the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Construction litigation: business, Insurance coverage
- 50% Real estate: business
- 30% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1987, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.goodkinlaw.com/attorney/goodkin-daniel-l/
- Super Lawyers, Los Angeles Magazine
- Southern California "Super Lawyers", Real Estate Section, 2004
- Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Construction Subsection, 2000 - 2002
- Executive Committee of the Real Estate Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Estate Section, 2002 - Present
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Assistant Chair, USC/LACBA Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium on Real Estate and Business, 2004
- Vice Chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1999 - 2000
- Chair, Construction Subsection, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- University of California's, Los Angeles, California, B.A., 1983
- Co-author, Easements and Boundaries: Law and Litigation, Continuing Education of the Bar — California (CEB), 2008
- Recent Case Note Editor, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1998
Office location for Daniel L. Goodkin
1800 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2006 - 2023
See legal Q & A provided by Daniel L. Goodkin
Q: What is the timeframe to file a lawsuit in California for breach of contract?A: While there are a few ways parties can breach contracts, the most common way is that of a missed payment or undelivered goods or services. Each …
Q: What Happens If A Seller Fails To Disclose A Defect In A California Residential Real Estate Sale?A: Failure to disclose a defect in a California residential sale may lead to a lawsuit. However, the varying options for the purchaser and other … See all answers by Daniel Goodkin