David Z. Ribakoff
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
David Z. Ribakoff is an attorney and the owner of Ribakoff Law Firm, located in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Ribakoff practices in the areas of business and intellectual property and handles cases at the trial and appellate levels. He serves a diverse group of clients throughout the state of California.
Mr. Ribakoff graduated magna cum laude from California State University, Northridge. He went on to receive his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law, has been practicing law since 1992 and has more than 25 years of experience.
Mr. Ribakoff is licensed before all California superior courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Eastern Districts of California. Following law school, he practiced at a Los Angeles firm and later became partner in an Orange County firm.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Ribakoff has successfully arbitrated and litigated many complex cases in state and federal courts. He has experience at all levels of the litigation process, including briefing and arguing.
Mr. Ribakoff has experience with cases involving business disputes, commercial disputes, fiduciary litigation, insurance law, intellectual property matters, legal malpractice and reinsurance coverage. Many of his cases have resulted in substantial verdicts and settlements and been featured in a variety of news and media outlets.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Ribakoff has co-authored a legal treatise on insurance litigation. Active in his legal community, he is a member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, The State Bar of California and the business networking organization ProVisors.
About David Z. Ribakoff
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ribakoff-law.com/About/
- Salient Networks, Inc. v. Jones, 2004 WL 147060 (Cal.App. 2004)
- Cardone v. SCIE, LLC, et al., 2006 WL 1704090 (Cal.App. 2006)
- Thornton v. United Church of Religious Science dba Science of Mind Magazine, AAA Arbitration, affirmed on appeal at 2011 WL 2041365 (2011)
- Nuvation Research Corp. v. Cook, 2003 WL 1558279 (Cal.App. 2003)
- Byran Co. v. U.S. Surgical, 150 Fed.Appx. 616 (9th Cir. 2005)
- GE Healthcare v. Orbotech Ltd., 2009 WL 2382534 (E.D. Wis. 2009)
- I was lead counsel for the plaintiffs in Legal Malpractice and Fraud case tried in the Los Angeles Superior Court. The jury returned a veridct for $34,496,779.92., 2012
- Bushman v. Artefex, 2015 WL 9260509 (Cal. App. 2015)
- China Healthways Institute, Inc. v. Wang, 491 F.3d 1337 (Fed.Cir. 2007), cert. denied, 128 S.Ct.661 (2007)
- Sabadia v. Holland & Knight, LLP, Los Angeles Superior Court (2012)
- All State and Federal Courts in California
- California, 1992
- Ninth Circuit and Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- California State University, Northridge (B.A., Economics, graduating Magna Cum Laude), 1988
Last Updated: 5/15/2022