Dennis S. Roy
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Dennis S. Roy is a partner with the Abram Roy LLP law firm in Woodland Hills, California. A highly rated attorney with over 35 years of legal experience, Mr. Roy concentrates his practice on commercial and residential real estate developments and transactions, real estate financing, construction contracts and disputes, public and private partnerships and joint ventures, ground leasing and many other related areas.
Serving clients throughout Southern California, Mr. Roy represents both residential and commercial property owners and investors as well as local municipalities with their legal needs involving all aspects of real estate law. He has extensive experience handling transactions involving multimillion-dollar mixed-use and commercial development projects, and he has represented the cities of Long Beach, Anaheim and Cerritos with their efforts to develop retail, office and entertainment spaces for their communities.
A 1977 magna cum laude graduate of Brown University, Mr. Roy received his Master of Business Administration from the University of California, Los Angeles, Anderson School of Business in 1981. Also in 1981, he obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, where he graduated Order of the Coif, and The State Bar of California issued its license for him to practice that same year.
Fully committed to his practice, Mr. Roy is a member of The State Bar of California and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. In addition, he is active with the California Redevelopment Association and the Building Industry Association of Southern California, Inc. Well-versed in real estate law, he has published numerous articles and conducted a number of lectures throughout his region and across the country on a variety of related topics.
About Dennis S. Roy
First Admitted: 1981
Professional Webpage: https://abramroylaw.com/attorneys/dennis-s-roy/
- “Public-Private Partnerships for Real Estate Development: Beyond Bridges and Roads,” panelist for web seminar presented by Stafford Publications (Aug. 2012)
- “Dissolving Community Redevelopment,” Urban Land Institute Magazine (May/June 2011)
- “Public-Private Partnerships for Real Estate Development: Structuring, Documenting and Implementing PPP Deals,” for web seminar presented by Stafford Publications (Feb. 2011)
- Lecturer for the California CEB on the subject of homeowners associations
- Guest lecturer at USC on redevelopment law
- Speaker for State and local bar and industry organizations on matters such as real estate development, condominium law, and public private partnerships
- Brown University, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude
- UCLA, Anderson School of Business, M.B.A., Honors: Distinguished Scholar
Last Updated: 5/15/2022