Diana P. Zitser
Top rated Family Law attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaZitser Family Law Group, APC
A Certified Family Law Specialist and founder of Zitser Family Law Group, APC, Ms. Zitser focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters. Ms. Zitser has represented clients in high net worth divorce cases, later-in-life divorces, legal separation proceedings, support modifications, property division, and complex assets, negotiating and drafting marital settlement agreements and pre/postnuptial agreements, paternity actions, move-away cases, and annulments.
Ms. Zitser is licensed to practice before all of the Courts of the State of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
In recognition of her professional accomplishments and commitment to legal ethics, Ms. Zitser has earned numerous awards and accolades, including:
- A recognized "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine – an honor reserved for the top 5% of the nation's attorneys, nine years in a row, 2015-2023.
- 2017-2023 Top 50 Women Attorney in Southern California by Super Lawyers
- 2019 and 2023 Top 100 Attorney in Southern California by Super Lawyers
- The highest-possible peer rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 25 Lawyers in the San Fernando Valley (SFV Business Journal)
- Named one of the Ten Most Dependable Family Law Attorneys of the West by Forbes Magazine.
- A perfect "10.0" rating from Avvo for "peer recognition and client satisfaction."
- "Clients' Choice" Award from Avvo and "People Love Us on Yelp" Award from Yelp.
- One of Expertise.com's Best Divorce Lawyers in Los Angeles in 2016-2023.
- Winner of LiveWire's Global Award in 2016
Ms. Zitser is a member of the State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section), Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar, and San Fernando Valley Bar (Member, Family Law Section).
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished, and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license per the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary—Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating™fallsl into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.zitserlaw.com/our-team/diana-p-zitser/
- Chosen as one of 25 Best Divorce Lawyers in Los Angeles, Expertise.com
- Top 50 Women Southern California Super Lawyers, 2017-2022, Super Lawyers
- Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, Avvo.com
- Ten Most Dependable Family Law Attorneys of the West, Forbes Magazine
- Top 25 Lawyers of the Valley, San Fernando Valley Business Journal, 2007
- the Global Award for excellence, Corporate LiveWire Global Awards, 2016
- Perfect "10.0" Rating, AVVO
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The 25 Best Divorce Lawyers in 2016-2022, Expertise.com, Expertise.com
- Ten Most Dependable Family Law Attorneys of the West, Forbes - Goldline Research, 2008
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Best Divorce Lawyer in Los Angeles, https://www.expertise.com/ca/los-angeles/divorce-attorney, 2017
- Top 25 Lawyers in the San Fernando Valley, SFV Business Journal
- LiveWire's 2016 Global Award
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Member, Family Law Section, San Fernando Valley Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Certified Family Law Specialist, 2002
- Volunteer Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court Family Law Department.
- Volunteer Daily Settlement Officer for the Los Angeles Superior Court Family Law Department
- Attorneys fees and costs - third party liability for attorney fees and costs in divorce cases, published in the Valley Lawyer magazine, Co-author, Costly Divorces: Third Party Liability For Attorney Fees and Costs, Valley Lawyer Magazine, 2014
- Prenuptial agreements, the do's and dont's, Co-author, Litigating Prenuptial Agreements: Validity and Scope (Part 2), Daily Journal , Family Law, Divorce, 2021
- Prenuptial agreements the do's and dont's, Co-author, Litigating Prenuptial Agreements: Validity and Scope. (Part 1), Daily Journal , Family Law, Divorce, 2021
- Adult support in California , Co-author, Family Secrets: Filial Support and California Law, Valley Lawyer Magazine, Legal, 2017
- An MCLE article about issues faced by couples in Later-in-Life divorces., Co-author, When Divorces Go Grey, Valley Lawyer Magazine, Legal, 2012
- An article about navigating the unique issued faced by couples in a divorce action, published by Daily Journal, Co-author, Till death, we divorce, Daily Journal, Legal, 2017
- Testimonials, 2017
- Child and Divorce
- Family Law
- Legal Separation
Office location for Diana P. Zitser
1901 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007
Top ListsTop 100: Southern California Super Lawyers: 2019, 2023 - 2024
- Top 50: 2024 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2023 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women Southern California Super Lawyers