Doreen Marie Olson
Top rated Family Law attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaMeyer, Olson, Lowy & Meyers, LLP
For 29 years, Doreen Marie Olson has worked exclusively in family law. During this time, she has brought more than a hundred cases to a successful conclusion on behalf of her clients. As a partner at Meyer, Olson, Lowy & Meyers, LLP, she primarily focuses on high-asset divorce and custody cases. Her contributions to the firm and her case results helped pave the way for it to become one of the most trusted and revered U.S. law firms in high-asset and family law matters.
Ms. Olson pursued her undergraduate studies at the University of California, Los Angeles, and earned a B.A. Then, in 1992, she completed her Juris Doctor at Whittier Law School, Los Angeles, California. In 1993, she became admitted to the State Bar of California. At this time, she served as the research assistant for an article published by the Beverly Hills Bar Association Family Law Workshop. She then co-authored an article on obtaining discovery, in 1999.
Improving her qualifications has always been a strong focus for Ms. Olson. To this end, she became board-certified as a family law specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She now possesses 29 years of experience. During this time, her most complex cases have included relocation, guardianship matters, and situations involving high-conflict between the parties concerning child custody. Her impressive record inspires confidence in her clients. However, it is her compassion and responsiveness that truly puts them at ease.
Not surprisingly, in 2017 and 2018, the Los Angeles Business Journal named Ms. Olson among the Most Influential Minority Attorneys and Most Influential Women Attorneys, respectively. She continues to further and share her professional knowledge through her involvement with the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Paternity
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.molmfamlaw.com/attorneys/doreen-marie-olson/
- Top Women Attorneys by Los Angeles Business Journal: 2020
- Doreen Olson was named to Los Angeles Business Journal's Most Influential Minority Attorneys List and profiled in the publication., Most Influential Minority Attorneys, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2018
- Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2005-2006
- , Super Lawyers, 2010-12, 2015–2022
- Most Influential Women Lawyers by Los Angeles Business Journal: 2017
- Members of the entertainment industry, professional athletes, corporate CEOs, entrepreneurs, and most importantly, hard-working mothers and fathers, all seeking what they believe to be the best interests of their children.
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA, B.A., 1989
- Member: Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member: State Bar of California
- California, 1993
- Member: Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State of California
- Co-Author, “Practical Tips for Obtaining Discovery from Third Party Privately Held Corporations”, Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law News & Review
- Research Consultant, “Guideline Child Support: How to Get ‘Off’ the Mandatory Guideline” , Beverly Hills Bar Association Family Law Workshop
- Among Doreen Olson's most recent successes is working a negotiated settlement of a more than five-year-long conservatorship involving the issue of adult child support in Probate Court. She is presently working on a complex move-away case involving a military service member. Doreen Olson, successfully completed in the past two years, a highly litigated guardianship matter, as well as a relocation case involving three (3) children. Doreen is further pleased to have settled a high case, with the assistance of a retired judge. The matter was entirely resolved absent the need for any court-room litigation. , 2017
Office location for Doreen Marie Olson
10100 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2015 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2006