Gregory M. Bergman
Top Rated Eminent Domain Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Gregory M. Bergman is a shareholder with the Bergman Dacey Goldsmith law firm, which has offices in Los Angeles, Costa Mesa and Oxnard, California. An attorney since 1975, Mr. Bergman has handled hundreds of complex trials in both state and federal courts in California as well as numerous appeals.
During his more than 43 years of practicing law, Mr. Bergman has represented the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout Southern California who have legal needs involving business and commercial law, environmental law, eminent domain/land use, construction law, labor and employment law, real property matters, attorney fee disputes, and insurance litigation. A recognized leader in his field, he has written extensively and conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics, such as trial preparation, liability defense, electronic media misuse, risk management, attorney fee dispute resolution and more.
Rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Bergman has earned many other awards and honors for his professionalism and service, including United States Lawyer Rankings voting him among the Top 10 Environmental Lawyers in the country. In 2008, he also received the Co-Alumni of the Year award from Southwestern Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor.
Along with practicing before all California state courts, Mr. Bergman is also admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in the state as well as before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. He has also served as judge pro tem and arbitrator for the Los Angeles Superior Court.
A consummate professional, Mr. Bergman is active in a number of local, state and national bar associations, and he helped establish the Complex Commercial Litigation Institute of the Litigation Counsel of America in 2012 as well as the organization's International Institute of Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law. He also serves as lead of the Mackrell Litigation Practice Group.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Gregory M. Bergman
First Admitted: 1975, California
Professional Webpage: http://bdgfirm.com/attorneys/gregory-m-bergman/
- United States Supreme Court
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Arbitrator
- Court of Claims
- LCA’s International Institute of Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law, Co-Founder, 2012
- Mackrell Litigation Practice Group, Lead
- U.S. Membership Committee, Member
- Mackrell International, Southern California Representative
- LCA’s Complex Commercial Litigation Institute, Programs Committee, Chair
- LCA’s International Institute of Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law, Past Chair
- American Inns of Court, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Litigation Counsel of America (“LCA”), Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- U.S.-Mexico Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee, Co-Chair, Present
Pro bono/Community Service
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America, Member
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Best Lawyers 2018-2019
- Co-Alumni of the year, Southwestern University School of Law, 2008
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine for the past thirteen years in a row
- Peer Review “AV” Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- “One on the Top Ten Environmental Lawyers” in the country, United States Lawyer magazine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts
- Contingent Worker Litigation: Is Your Organization at Risk?, Public Law Journal, Vol. 22, No.4
- “The Litigation of Peer-to-Peer Harassment Claims” in EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT PEER-TO-PEER HARASSMENT AND NOW YOU KNOW WHO TO ASK, Human Services Conference
- The Expert Witness, American Society of Appraisers
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same, The California Supreme Court on Green, Association of Corporate Counsel FOCUS
- Suits Over Legal Fees, Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Think Ahead About An Attorney’s Fee Award, Century City Lawyer
- Less Might Be More: The California Supreme Court DORE Decision, California Labor and Employment Law Review, State Bar of California
Last Updated: 6/23/2022