Igor S. Drabkin
Top rated Tax attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaHoltz, Slavett & Drabkin, APLC
Practice Areas: Tax, White Collar Crimes, International
Licensed in California since: 1998
Education: Pepperdine University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Russian
Holtz, Slavett & Drabkin, APLC10940 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024 Phone: 310-550-6200 Email: Igor S. Drabkin Visit website
As a principal with Holtz, Slavett & Drabkin, APLC, in Beverly Hills, California, attorney Igor S. Drabkin has earned a reputation as one of the top tax law attorneys in the region. Certified as a tax law specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and a former IRS senior trial attorney, Mr. Drabkin represents a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles metro region and across the state who face serious and complex legal challenges involving their taxes.
An attorney since 1998, Mr. Drabkin has achieved unprecedented success litigating cases before state and federal courts, as well as before the U.S. Tax Court, and he has helped his clients obtain the positive results they seek for their issues involving tax audits, tax collections, liens, bankruptcy and other dire financial situations. He also advocates on behalf of those under investigation or charged with tax-related crimes, including fraud, evasion and other serious issues.
In addition, Mr. Drabkin has extensive experience dealing with matters involving offshore tax compliance and foreign bank accounts, and during his time serving as a senior tax attorney for the IRS, he gained invaluable experience prosecuting tax-related matters, which serves him well as he seeks to defend his clients' rights and interests. He also once served as a special assistant U.S. attorney, representing the federal government during complex bankruptcy litigation involving tax compliance.
A 1995 graduate of California State University, Mr. Drabkin obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1998, and The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year. He currently serves on the adjunct legal faculty at the Golden Gate University-Graduate School of Taxation, and he regularly conducts lectures and seminars across the country on a variety of topics related to tax law.
He is a member of the taxation section of The State Bar of California and the taxation and bankruptcy sections of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, and he is also a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received numerous other awards and honors for his professionalism and service.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.hsdtaxlaw.com/attorneys/igor-s-drabkin
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer in Tax Law by Super Lawyers, 2012-2020
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and Lexis-Nexis Peer Review
- David Dung Le, M.D., Inc. v. Commissioner, 114 T.C. 268 (2000)
- Boyd v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2002-46
- Le v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2003-219
- Bobbs v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2005-272
- Pace v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2000-300
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Executive Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Tax Section
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Tax Section
- Certified Tax Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Pro Bono Tax Court Panel
- California State University, Northridge, Bachelor's Degree in Finance, 1995
- CNN Interview, 2016
- Igor Drabkin was quoted in the Washington Post article on California legislature’s attempts to treat state income taxes as “charitable” contributions. , 2018
- Update of international tax enforcement by IRS and DOJ., Speaker, International Tax Enforcement, 35th Annual UCLA Tax Controversy Institute, 2019
- Panelist for the discussion on IRS enforcement priorities., Speaker, IRS Priorities Fall 2020, California Lawyers Association, 2020
- News on the IRS enforcement of international tax issues., Speaker, International Enforcement – What’s Old, What’s New and What We Can Expect,, Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2020
- Speaker, Changing Face of Foreign Asset Protection, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2010
- Webinar on FATCA requirements and taxpayer reporting issues for foreign assets., Speaker, FATCA After Tax Reform: Form 8938 Reporting for Taxpayers With Foreign Assets, Integrating Latest IRS Guidance,, 2019
- Update on FBAR filing requirements, Speaker, FBAR 2018 Update: Mastering FinCen Form 114, Deadlines, Extension, Penalty Resolution and Waiver Provisions, Strafford Publications, 2018
- Adjunct Tax Law Professor, Golden Gate University
- FBAR 2018 Update: Mastering FinCen Form 114, Deadlines, Extension, Penalty Resolution and Waiver Provisions, Speaker, Strafford Publications, 2018
- Dealing with the ‘New’ IRS Appeals, Panelist, UCLA Tax Controversy Institute, 2018
- The Other Shoe is Dropping — Criminal Enforcement and Civil Assessment and Collection of FBAR and International Information Return Penalties, Speaker/Panelist, American Bar Association, Tax Section, 2016
- Professional Services; Entertainment; Retail; Wholesale; Manufacturing; Real Estate
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011