Jason J. Barbato
Top Rated Eminent Domain Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
An attorney at Bergman Dacey Goldsmith, Jason J. Barbato focuses his practice primarily on eminent domain cases. His firm’s main office is situated in Los Angeles, California, and he represents people, businesses, and governmental bodies throughout the greater metropolitan area and other parts of the state. Admitted to practice in California since 2014, Mr. Barbato is also admitted to practice in Oregon as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
In his eminent domain practice, Mr. Barbato has represented owners of real property that are the subjects of proposed takings for public use as well as the applicable government agencies. His work has included the negotiation of fair compensation, partial takings, pre-condemnation planning, claims of lost goodwill relating to businesses that are being displaced, the acquisition of lands for sewer and power line projects, litigation, and the reduction of compensation for property that has been contaminated.
Mr. Barbato has extensive employment law experience as well, assisting companies in a variety of matters. He has worked with them on risk avoidance, regulatory compliance, and internal investigations, and he has represented them in court, before agencies, and at the negotiating table in cases involving workplace discrimination and harassment, wage and hour disputes, and contract breaches.
Mr. Barbato attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he was a member of the school’s marching band and received a Bachelor of Arts in economics and geography magna cum laude. He remained on campus for his legal education at the UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, and he served on the UCLA Law Review and the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy before obtaining his Juris Doctor in 2014.
End Of Article
- 60%Eminent Domain
- 10%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
Appeals, Environmental Law
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022
Articles about Jason J. Barbato appearing in Super Lawyers
About Jason J. Barbato
First Admitted: 2014, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdgfirm.com/attorney/jason-j-barbato/
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, Honors: Top Honors in Employment Law, Land Use Law, Environmental Law, and Negotiation Theory
- For Now, Locals on Their Own to Implement Sanctuary State Bill, Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 31, 2017
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, Law Review: UCLA Law Review, Managing Editor, Law Journal: UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- Top 10 Updates to the California Family Rights Act Regulations, Employee Relations Law Journal, Vol. 41, No. 3, at p. 45 (Winter 2015)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Admitted to the Oregon Bar., 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Admitted to the California Bar., 2014
- Mr. Barbato graduated magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa from UCLA with majors in Economics and Geography., 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022