Mr. Sturman is well prepared to represent you or your clients in Family Law cases. He has represented hundreds of clients in complex Family Law cases for over 25 years.
In June 2020, Mr. Sturman founded The Sturman Law Group after being a partner at Kolodny & Anteau and the Kolodny Law Group for about 20 years. He is a member of the California Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. He is also a Certified Family Law Specialist and a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers ("AAML"). He has held leadership positions with the Southern California Chapter of the AAML and with the Family Law section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Mr. Sturman has spoken at about two dozen Family Law continuing legal education programs and he has written articles about Family Law.
Before Mr. Sturman started to practice Family Law, he earned a a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Accounting from the University of Washington, a J.D. from the University of Oregon School of Law, an LL.M. in taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center, and he handled tax controversy cases and some civil litigation. From June 1991 until June 1993, Mr. Sturman clerked for the Honorable Perry Shields, Judge, United States Tax Court.
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sturmanlawgroup.com/meetourteam
- Speaker at continuing legal education programs in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, and 2018 regarding several Family Law topics.
- Dean of the 2014 Trial Institute (Southern California Chapter of the AAML); 2015 Vice President of Programs (Southern California Chapter of the AAML); 2016 President Elect (Southern California Chapter of the AAML); 2017 President (Southern California Chapter of the AAML).
- Member, Executive Committee, Los Angeles Bar Association Family Law Section (2008-2013)
- LLM in taxation, Georgetown University Law Center
- Certified Specialist, Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2024