Jeffrey B. Isaacs
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Jeffrey B. Isaacs is a partner with the Isaacs Friedberg LLP law firm in Los Angeles, California. Widely regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in California, Mr. Isaacs provides exceptional representation and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles Metro and surrounding areas of Southern California who are dealing with complex, pressing legal challenges involving civil, criminal and regulatory matters.
Through his business litigation practice, Mr. Isaacs handles all types of disputes between individuals and businesses, and he has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries for companies as well as government entities for a wide range of issues. In addition, he provides invaluable defense counsel to companies and executives accused of fraud and other wrongdoing.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Isaacs served as Assistant U.S. Attorney with the Los Angeles U.S. Attorney's Office. In this role, he prosecuted numerous domestic and international cases involving issues such as securities, insurance, health care and tax fraud; racketeering, public corruption and money laundering, cybercrimes, and other serious matters. He also served as Deputy Chief of the Major Frauds Section, Securities Fraud Coordinator, Financial Institution Fraud Coordinator, and Pension and Benefit Plan Fraud Coordinator.
From his efforts, he secured numerous convictions and helped obtain almost $1 billion in recoveries and criminal settlements. Mr. Isaacs also served as Chief Assistant City Attorney for the City of Los Angeles and supervisor of the office's Criminal Division. Over a 6-year period, he secured many multimillion-dollar recoveries for issues involving alleged homeless patient dumping, hazardous waste disposal, unlawful health insurance recessions, wage and hour violations, and more.
Honored for his professionalism and service, Mr. Isaacs has earned a Top Lawyers in California designation from The Legal Network each year since 2017. In addition, Los Angeles Magazine voted him among the Top Attorneys in Southern California from 2016 to 2019. He also received selection by the Daily Journal as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in California” in 2009 and as one of the “Attorneys of the Year” by California Lawyer in 2009.
Mr. Isaacs has also earned recognition from Chambers USA in 2019, and he has received the 10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys as well as the U.S. Department of Justice's Director’s Award twice.
A 1980 graduate of Colgate University, Mr. Isaacs obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law in 1984. He has conducted numerous lectures and seminars throughout the country on a variety of legal topics, and he has served as lecturer at the FBI Academy and the U.S. Department of Justice National Advocacy Center as well as instructor of Grand Jury Practice and Procedure at the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law.
About Jeffrey B. Isaacs
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.ifcounsel.com/our-attorneys/jeffrey-isaacs
- Deputy Chief of the Major Frauds Section
- Pension and Benefit Plan Fraud Coordinator
- Financial Institution Fraud Coordinator
- Securities Fraud Coordinator
- Special Attorney to the Attorney General to prosecute corruption in Arizona
- Instructor at the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Grand Jury Practice and Procedure
- Profiled in 2009 California Lawyer article, “Coverage in Tatters,” highlighting success in combating the practice of unlawful rescission of health insurance policies in California
- Former lecturer at U.S. Department of Justice National Advocacy Center and the FBI Academy at Quantico, Virginia
- Twice awarded prestigious Department of Justice Director’s Award for superior performance as a federal prosecutor
- Selected as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in California” by Daily Journal, 2008
- Honored as one of the “Attorneys of the Year” by California Lawyer, 2009
- Top Attorneys in Southern California, Selected by Peer Recognition and Professional Achievement as Published in Los Angeles Magazine, February 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Southern California “Super Lawyer,” 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- 2017 Top Lawyers In California, The Legal Network, January 2017
- 2018-2019 10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- 2018 Top Lawyers In California, The Legal Network, January 2018
- 2019 Top Lawyers In California, The Legal Network, January 2019
- Chambers USA 2019
- A.B., Colgate University, Hamilton, New York, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022