Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaHinojosa & Forer LLP
Attorney Jeffrey Forer is a partner at Hinojosa & Forer LLP in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Forer represents clients in Los Angeles and throughout California in a variety of probate and estate litigation matters, including accounting and surcharge issues, asset recovery, conservatorships, estate planning, and fiduciary services, as well as disputes involving conservatorships, fiduciaries, trusts, trustees and more. Along with being an experienced litigator, Mr. Forer is skilled in alternative dispute resolution techniques such as arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Forer graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles, with a bachelor’s degree and earned his law degree from Southwestern Law School. He is also certified in estate planning from The State Bar of California and holds a master’s degree in taxation from New York University. He has been admitted to practice in all California state courts since 1983.
Throughout his career, Mr. Forer has been recognized for his skill in the legal realm. He has achieved a rating of AV Preeminent*, the highest possible, from the attorney peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell. He has also played significant roles in many high-profile cases, including a dispute involving the use of the logo of the band The Doors and use of imagery of its iconic front man, Jim Morrison.
Mr. Forer is a member of several local legal organizations. He belongs to the trust and estates litigation sections of both the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is also a member of The State Bar of California and the trusts and estates section of the American Bar Association.
Also active in his local legal education community, Mr. Forer regularly lectures on estate planning and probate topics for various local organizations, including the Continuing Education of the Bar.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate, Tax: business
Will contests, Estate planning, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Tax law
- 70% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Tax: business
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.hinojosaforer.com/attorneys/j-forer/
- Patrick v. Turner (2008) (Not Officially Published) WL 4650403
- Patrick v. Alacer Corporation (2011) 201 Cal.App.4th 1326
- Densmore v. Manzarek (2008) (Not Officially Published) WL 2209993
- In re the James W. Patrick Trust (2009) (Not Officially Published) WL 1600680
- Arne v. Slocum (2002) (Not Officially Published) WL 831152
- San Pasqual Fiduciary Trust v. Clunies A. Holt (2013) (Not Officially Published) WL 5965541
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory
- "Southern California Super Lawyer," Trust and Estates Litigation, 2006, 2009, 2011-2018
- Certified Specialist, Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law with the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1977, 1977
- Southwestern School of Law, Los Angeles, CA Class of 1983., 1983
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 1984, 1984
- State Bar of California, 1983
- Los Angeles Bar Associations, Trusts and Estates Section
- American Bar Associations, Trusts and Estates Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Associations, Trusts and Estates Section
Office location for Jeffrey Forer
2215 Colby Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2009, 2011 - 2023