Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018
Jerod Gunsberg is a Los Angeles, California, based criminal defense attorney. The founder of the Law Offices of Jerod Gunsberg, Mr. Gunsberg defends clients throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan area against all types of criminal charges, including those involving computer crimes, elder abuse, juvenile crimes, medical marijuana, narcotics, sex crimes, violent crimes and white-collar crimes.
In practice for over a decade, Mr. Gunsberg has been involved in a diverse variety of complex criminal matters. He has experience at the state and federal levels and with all phases of the criminal process.
Mr. Gunsberg is passionate about juvenile defense and works extensively in this area. He regularly represents juveniles and serves as a consultant in juvenile delinquency proceedings. His work on behalf of juvenile justice reform has earned him attention from the Los Angeles Times and other publications.
Active in professional organizations, Mr. Gunsberg belongs to the Criminal Courts Bar Association of Los Angeles, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is also an active member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, Americans for Safe Access, the Drug Policy Alliance and the Pacific Juvenile Defender Center.
Mr. Gunsberg earned a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from New York University and spent several years working in the entertainment industry before pursuing a legal career. He received his law degree from Loyola Law School Los Angeles. He is qualified to appear before all California state courts, the U.S. district courts for the central and southern districts of California and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
- 100%Criminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018
About Jerod Gunsberg
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.gunsberglaw.com/criminal-defense-attorney-los-an...
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Pacific Juvenile Defender’s Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Drug Policy Alliance Network, Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Americans for Safe Access, Member
- Los Angeles Criminal Courts Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Featured in the Los Angeles Times for his work towards juvenile justice reform
- New York University, Bachelor of Fine Arts, 1994
- 10.0 Perfect Rating, www.avvo.com, 2018
- Named one of California’s 2013 and 2014 “Rising Star”, by “Super Lawyers”
- New York University, University Honors Scholar
- Top Attorneys Award, Pasadena Magazine, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022