Joshua C. Cohen
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaCohen Law Partners
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in California since: 2008
Education: Vermont Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Italian, Spanish
Cohen Law Partners4929 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90010 Visit website
Attorney Joshua C. Cohen heads the tort group of Cohen Law Partners. With a practice focused on personal injury, Mr. Cohen serves plaintiffs throughout California who have been injured in bicycle or pedestrian accidents caused by distracted or inattentive drivers and/or defective roadways.
Mr. Cohen handles serious bicycle and pedestrian injury cases, including cyclist insurance claims and injuries caused by negligently designed or maintained roads or reckless drivers. He also handles wrongful death claims and has experience with other areas of law such as business and estate planning.
Along with being a seasoned litigator, Mr. Cohen is skilled in alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation. He earned master’s and law degrees from Vermont Law School and has also received litigation training through the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Academy of Justice, the Consumer Attorneys' Association of Los Angeles and the University of Virginia Trial Advocacy College.
Mr. Cohen gained legal experience while attending law school by clerking with the State of California Office of the Attorney General, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and a private firm in London, England. Upon graduation, he helped secure a $105m verdict against ExxonMobil representing the City of New York in a toxic tort case, then prosecuted misdemeanors for the Office of the Los Angeles City Attorney. Eventually he began representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases.
An avid bicyclist, Mr. Cohen is on the Boards of Directors of the California Bicycle Coalition and the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, and is affiliated with the League of American Bicyclists and Move LA. He belongs to several legal organizations including the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the California Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California and the American Association of Justice.
He has been interviewed by and/or covered in the Los Angeles Times, Warren Olney, KABC, KCET and the LA Daily News. His articles have been published in several legal journals. He is Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition and is on the Board of the California Bicycle Coalition, and has lobbied for better bicycle laws and infrastructure at the federal, state and local levels.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.losangelesbicycleattorney.com/attorney/joshua-c-...
- American Jurisprudence Award, Vermont Law School
- Highest AV rating in a peer review process by Martindale-Hubbell
- Dean’s List, Vermont Law School
- Super Lawyer
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- BA International Politics - UC Santa Cruz, 1992
- A civil cause of action for cyclists harassed by motorists – and a $1,000 remedy in Los Angeles., Author, The Cyclist Anti-Harassment Ordinance, Plaintiff Magazine, Plaintiffs' Attorneys, 2014
- Bicyclists injured by cars need the security of UM coverage, but they don’t need the physical-contact test., Author, It Is Time To Harmonize The UM Statute With The Three Feet For Safety Act, Plaintiff Magazine, Plaintiffs' Attorneys, 2016
- Video evidence is gold in personal injury cases; make certain you turn over every stone to find it., Author, Video Evidence: Finding It, Securing It And Getting It Admitted, Plaintiff Magazine and Advocate Magazine, Plaintiffs' Attorneys, 2016
- Member of the Board of Directors of the California Bicycle Coalition., 2013
- Small Firm
Office location for Joshua C. Cohen
4929 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018
Additional sources of information about Joshua C. Cohen
See legal Q & A provided by Joshua C. Cohen
Q: What Are My Legal Rights If I’ve Been Injured In A Bike Accident In California?A: If you have been hurt while riding your bicycle after a collision with a vehicle, you have the same rights as a driver of a vehicle injured in an … See all answers by Joshua Cohen