Joshua W. Glotzer
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaGlotzer & Leib, LLP
Joshua Glotzer is the founder of Joshua W. Glotzer, APC, located in Los Angeles, California. Focusing his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, he assists area residents who have suffered harm due to the negligence or recklessness of other parties. The types of cases that Mr. Glotzer handles include motor vehicle, airplane and boat accidents, dog bites, negligent security and other premises liability matters, nursing home abuse, pedestrian knockdowns, defective products and construction site accidents.
During his more than 20 years of practice, Mr. Glotzer has been able to obtain many sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients. In one representative case, he reached a $1 million settlement for a gas station explosion that seriously burned his client. After an opinion from a product liability expert was obtained that indicated that the explosion was due to a leak in the gas hose, the defendant settled. In another case, Mr. Glotzer obtained a $1 million settlement in a premises liability wrongful death matter.
Mr. Glotzer attended the University of Colorado Boulder as an undergraduate on a scholarship through the Evans Scholars Foundation. He majored in history and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1992. He then pursued his legal studies at California Western School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1995. While there, he served on the California Western Law Review. After graduation, Mr. Glotzer was a research attorney with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California before entering private practice. He is admitted to practice before all California state courts, and he is a member of Consumer Attorneys of California and several other professional groups.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.socalpersonalinjurylawyer.com/legal-team/joshua-...
- Besides the thousands of individuals I have represented in injury matters I have also been fortunate as a native to Los Angeles to represent artists in matters related to business torts including the case of James Iha and D'Arcy Wretzky, former members of the band the Smashing Pumpkins wherein I was able to assist in the resolution of a matter regarding artists' rights. I have also represented M. Ward in a litigation matter regarding artists' royalties and issues related to business torts.
- California State Bar, 1995
- Mr. Glotzer received the Corpus Juris Secundum Award for receiving the highest grade in civil procedure at California Western School of Law., Corpus Juris Secundum Award in Civil Procedure from California Western School of Law, California Western School of Law, 1993
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Scholastic Excellence in Civil Procedure from California Western School of Law, 1993
- Mr. Glotzer had the honor of being on law review at California Western School of Law and having his law review article published., Author, Ratzlaf Busts: Money Laundering Suppression Act of 1994 Overrules Ratzlaf v, United States, California Western School of Law, Legal Community, 1994
- Mr. Glotzer graduated Cum Laude from California Western School of Law in San Diego, California., 1995
- Negligent Security: A $1,000,00.00 settlement in a negligent security matter in Orange County where our client was attacked at storage facility where the facility's security were on a two hour break. Wrongful Death: Our client's father died as a result of slipping and falling on black ice that had been forming for 2 days at a commercial shopping center in Victorville, California. We obtained a resolution exceeding $1,000,000.00. Elder Abuse/Dependent Adult Abuse: Our firm was able to resolve a case of sexual assault in a hospital by hospital staff leading to a settlement of $1,500,000.00 Strict Liability/Explosion/Burn: Our client represented an indigent Mother who was badly burned in a gas station explosion in Compton California leading to a resolution exceeding $1,000,000.00. Bicycle Accident: Our firm successfully represented a female bicyclist hit while riding in a cross walk. Our client severely injured her back requiring a fusion surgery of her spine. Despite comparative negligence on the part of our client, we were able to resolve the matter for $525,000.00.
Office location for Joshua W. Glotzer
714 W. Olympic
Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2024