Karen S. Brown
Top rated family law attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaLaw Office of Karen S. Brown
As the founder of the Law Office of Karen S. Brown, attorney Karen S. Brown serves clients throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan area in California. She focuses her law practice in family law and has handled cases involving all manner of issues regarding divorce, child custody, child support, domestic partnership, relocation issues and more.
After completing her undergraduate studies at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts, Ms. Brown earned a law degree from the Santa Clara University School of Law. Ms. Brown is admitted to practice in the U.S. district courts in the Southern District of California and the U.S. District Court of Arizona.
While Ms. Brown's 40 years of experience have included a wide array of legal areas, including business and entertainment law, immigration matters, and labor and employment law, she has narrowed her focus to concentrate solely on issues of family law. Ms. Brown uses her decades of experience alongside her certification as a family law specialist to assist those going through difficult experiences such as divorce, custody disputes, pre and postnuptial agreements, and more. Her exceptional service has earned her the highest rating, AV Preeminent*, from the attorney peer review service Martindale-Hubbell, and she has been spotlighted as a one of "Los Angeles' Women Leaders in the Law" by American Lawyer Media.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Brown belongs to a number of different professional organizations. She is a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, the Association of Family Law and Conciliation Courts, the Beverly Hills Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and serves as mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court.
* AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1975, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ksbfamlaw.com/about-karen-s-brown/
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Mediator
- Association of Family Law and Conciliation Courts, California Chapter, Member
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- United States District Courts in the Southern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Smith College, B.A. in English
- Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California, 2012
- Have presented to groups of alumnae with trust and estates specialist conerning general issues of importance, Presenter, Relevant Issues Confronting Women in Family Law, Smith College Club of Los Angeles, 2015
- Patron Supporter and Volunteer at Sojourn Women's Shelter of Santa Monica, 2015
- Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Top Rated Lawyers, 2014
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- So. Ca. Inns Of Court (Family Law)
Office location for Karen S. Brown
10866 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
Certificates and credentials