Kenneth J. Sargoy
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaSargoy Law
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Employment litigation, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1981
Education: Whittier Law School
Sargoy Law815 Moraga Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90049 Visit website
Attorney Kenneth J. Sargoy is the founder and principal of The Sargoy Law Firm in Los Angeles, California. A top-rated, award-winning lawyer with more than 38 years of legal experience, Mr. Sargoy serves the needs and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles metro region and surrounding areas of Southern California who have legal issues involving the following:
· Employment law for employees and employers
· Business litigation
· Elder abuse
Having attended New York University, Mr. Sargoy changed course and graduated from the The New School for Social Research in 1971. Mr. Sargoy served as a social worker for several years in New York City before relocating to California to pursue his legal profession. There, he attended Whittier College School of Law, where he was the notes and comments editor of the Whittier Law Review and earned the distinction of Outstanding Law Review Member.
A dean's list scholar, he received the Neil Deitch Memorial Award for Scholastic Achievement and completed an externship with the Honorable William P. Gray of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He obtained his Juris Doctor and received his license to practice in 1981, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Sargoy has continued to realize considerable success, earning numerous accolades and endorsements from his peers along with many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients. His success is the direct result of his exceptional legal knowledge and skills coupled with his unwavering dedication to those he serves.
A leader in his field, he has published several articles and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of topics. He is also an active member of The State Bar of California's Labor and Employment Law Section, as well as the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: defense, Business litigation
Wage & hour laws, Employment discrimination, Employment law - employer
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 40% Employment litigation: defense
- 30% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1981, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sargoylaw.com/attorney/kenneth-j-sargoy/
- Neil Deitch Memorial Award for Scholastic Achievement
- Dean's List
- Voted Outstanding Law Review Member, 1981
- Intentional Interference with Contractual Relations: When are Managers Liable for Terminating Employees?, California State Bar Labor & Employment Law Quarterly
- Notes and Comments Editor of the Whittier Law Review, 1981
- Restricting Terminations of Employees for Free Speech Expression, California State Bar Labor & Employment Law Quarterly
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- California State Bar; Los Angeles County Bar., 2019
- California, 1981
- New School for Social Research - 1971
- New York University
- B'et Tzedek Legal Services, Los Angeles, California., 1982
- Civil Service
- Hi Tech
Office location for Kenneth J. Sargoy
815 Moraga Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023