Kevin T. Barnes
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Kevin T. Barnes founded his Los Angeles law firm, the Law Offices of Kevin T. Barnes, in 1997. For the past nearly 20 years, Mr. Barnes has focused his efforts on representing the interests of California employees who have had to endure illegal employment practices. While the majority of the firm's cases are wage and hour class actions, Mr. Barnes also represents individuals in matters related to the following:
• Sexual harassment
• Consumer protection
• Personal injury
Mr. Barnes began his legal career in 1988 after earning his law degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and his admission to The State Bar of California. The U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 4th, 9th and Federal Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court have also approved him to practice law in their courtrooms.
Over the course of Mr. Barnes's long career, he has obtained millions of dollars in settlements for his clients, making him one of the country's most successful wage and hour attorneys. His many successes, which include landmark cases like the one involving Huntington Memorial Hospital, and his dedication to justice have resulted in a number of honors, including an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and countless appearances as a guest speaker at both legal and union events.
As a leader in his practice area, Mr. Barnes is very active in the legal community. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Class Actions
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Kevin T. Barnes
First Admitted: 1988
Professional Webpage: http://www.kbarneslaw.com/Attorney-Profiles/Kevin-T-Barnes.s...
- Solis v. World Wide Attorney Service, Inc., OSCS Case No. NO 03CC000069
- Staples - $38 million dollars, 2008
- Arcadia Methodist Hospital - $20,250,000
- Mutuc v. Huntington Memorial Hospital, LASC Case No. BC288727
- Huntington Memorial Hospital - $60 million dollars, 2008
- Rent-A-Center - $11 million dollars, 2008
- Tenet Hospitals - $85 million dollars, 2008
- Confidential - $23 million dollars, 2008
- Speaker, Labor Employment Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Guest Speaker, Champions Of Justice
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as one of the Top 10 Plaintiff Employment Lawyers in 2008 by the Daily Journal
- Recognized as one of California's top 100 lawyers
- Selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer each year from 2007 to present in Employment and Labor
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Major: Business Administration, Major: Real Estate, 1985
Last Updated: 5/15/2022