Attorney Lance R. Claery is a founding partner of Claery & Hammond, LLP, law firm in Los Angeles, California. Nationally recognized as one of the top lawyers in the country, Mr. Claery focuses his practice primarily on family law, and he provides counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Los Angeles and San Diego metro and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Over the course of his 20 plus year legal career, Mr. Claery has successfully assisted and guided his clients through divorce and other family law matters. A compassionate and personable attorney, he provides personal attention to each and every one of his clients to provide the information they need to make the best decisions as he works diligently to help them pursue their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding service, Mr. Claery has earned a Top 10% ranking from the Lawyers of Distinction, and the Los Angeles Times named him a Top Los Angeles Family Law Attorney in 2013 and 2015. He has also received top rankings from The American Trial Academy and other peer review sources, and he has received superb client ratings on Avvo and he has received the Clients' Choice Award multiple years in a row.
A graduate of the University of Maryland, Mr. Claery began his legal career in 2001 after obtaining his law degree from California Western School of Law and his license to practice from The State Bar of California. He holds his license to practice in Washington, D.C., as well, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Claery is an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and San Diego County Bar Association, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Practice areasFamily Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.claerygreen.com/firm-overview/attorney-profiles/...
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, 2000
- Lance Claery, who has focused in the field throughout his career, first became interested in family law while completing his undergraduate degree in family studies at the University of Maryland. As part of the school’s internship program, he volunteered for the Hope Housing project, which helps families in the poorest sections of Washington, D.C. “Working with families in these low-income areas, I saw that what they really needed was help with their legal issues, and that’s what turned me on to the law.', Top Los Angeles Family Law Attorney, Los Angeles Times, 2013
- SuperLawyers, 2021
- Lance Claery was included in the National Alliance of Attorneys 2020 recognition of high caliber attorneys, The High Caliber Attorneys of 2020, National Alliance of Attorneys, 2020
- Mr. Claery has been recognized by Lawyers of Distinction as a member of the top 10% of lawyers in the United States. In addition, he was also recognized in 2018, The Top Ten Percent of Lawyers in the United States, Lawyers of Distinction, 2020
- This is a professional collection of our Nation’s top attorneys by The American Trial Academy, an invitation-only organization comprised of attorneys that are licensed, active, and exemplify superior qualifications and result, Top Tier Attorney, The American Trial Academy, 2020
- Lance Claery has maintained one of Southern California’s foremost family law firms by carefully selecting a group of experienced and dedicated legal professionals. With its broad collective expertise, this team of advocates is able to offer knowledgeable counsel in the full range of divorce and family law issues, including complex matters such as move-away and child support cases. “When clients come to us, they’re going through a rough period in their life, and we want them to feel like they have someone on their side during this stressful time,” Claery says. “The benefit of having a team is that not only do we have the resources to handle their matters, but we can also ensure that they feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.”, Expertise in Advocacy, Los Angeles Times, 2015
Office location for Lance R. Claery
12400 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Rising Stars: 2021