Leslie A. Barnett
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Leslie A. Barnett, specializes in elder law and special needs, handling cases that involve trust administration, conservatorships, special needs trusts and estate planning helping her clients plan for the distribution of their property and prepare for future care issues. While working with clients throughout Los Angeles County, she is geographically closest to those clients in the Mid-City, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Silverlake and downtown area of Los Angeles as well as the cities of Glendale, Burbank and Beverly Hills.
Ms. Barnett received a Bachelor of Arts from Indiana University and then earned her Master of Social Work from California State University, Fresno. While working full time as as a geriatric social worker, she attended Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, California, receiving her Juris Doctor. Ms. Barnett is the founder of the Law Office of Leslie Barnett, having opened her office in 1993 In 2002 she earned her certification as an elder law attorney through the National Elder Law Foundation.
She is admitted to the State Bar of California, and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
With her knowledge of elder care issues and legal matters for older California residents, Ms. Barnett has served on the board for the Alzheimer’s Association and the Center for Health Care Rights and H.E.L.P. She is a past president of the Southern California Council of Elder Law Attorneys.
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 50%Elder Law
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023
Certificates and Credentials
About Leslie A. Barnett
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lesliebarnett.com/about-us/
- California State University, Fresno, Master of Social Work, 1973
- Indiana University, B.A.
- Co-Author, Chapter on Special Needs Trusts for the Continuing Education of the Bar for California
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President, Southern California Council of Elder Law Attorneys
Prior Member of H.E.L.P. Board
- Past Board Member, Center for Health Care Rights
- Past Board Member, Alzheimer's Association
- California, 1992
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Southern California Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney through the National Elder Law Foundation., 2002
- Court conservatorships
- Nursing Home financing
- Special Needs Trust
Last Updated: 8/28/2022